• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Does It Make Me Less of a Legend of Zelda Fan?

I have played the oracle games about 3 times each, I have yet to 100% them. I have tired to like the games by beating them 3 times each but each time i lose all motivation to beat them right after the third dungeon I really am trying to like these games but it is difficult for me.
Does Disliking the oracle games make me less of a Zelda fan? What games do you guys dislike, have you tried all you can to like a game but failed?

Sorry if there is a thread like this and sorry if it is in the wrong area.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Does it make you less of a Zelda fan? Not at all! It's completely normal... with the amount of variation between the games, it's fairly likely not all of them are going to be your cup of tea. I'm pretty sure every Zelda fan has at least one game Zelda that just doesn't quite do it for them as much as the others.

I had the exact same problem with LA... even now I eventually managed to get throught it, after about 4 or 5 restarts at that, I still wouldn't say I 'like' it. It's an okay game. The story's creative, some of the puzzles are fairly unique, the characters are really lively... I can appreciate that. But I still don't especially like it.

And besides, the Oracle games are more of a side experiment on handhelds than what I suppose you could call 'core' Zelda games, so I suppose you could say they don't matter as much either... but even it that made a difference, everyone's entitled to their opinion... I know a few people who are massive fans and yet really don't like some of the bigger games like OoT or WW.

Put it this way; does your dislike for the OoX games somehow dampen your passion for the rest of the games? The answer is no, the two things are irrespective of eachother... therefore disliking some of the games doesn't make you less of a fan of the others :3

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
No, I wouldn't say it makes you less of a Zelda fan. I have the same issue with AoL. I keep trying, but keep dying. I can't seem to hold my interest in this game. It might be because I keep getting killed by the same enemy over and over again(the rat with the boomerang in the cave south of the Town of Ruto(I think it was the Town of Ruto...), but just not liking a Zelda game doesn't make you less of a fan.

Ganondork

goo
Of course it doesn't! People are entitled to their opinions! Zelda is a game where sometimes, they are kinda experimental, like I dislike immensely Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I've seen my cousin play them and they just seem so terrible, but that's my opinion. I didn't grow up with them, like you may not have grown up with the OoX games.

I have played the oracle games about 3 times each, I have yet to 100% them. I have tired to like the games by beating them 3 times each but each time i lose all motivation to beat them right after the third dungeon I really am trying to like these games but it is difficult for me.
Does Disliking the oracle games make me less of a Zelda fan? What games do you guys dislike, have you tried all you can to like a game but failed?

Sorry if there is a thread like this and sorry if it is in the wrong area.

I sure do not think it makes you less of a Zelda fan.
There will always in any series of games be one or two you like less than the others,does it make a person less of a fan of that series,ii do not think so.
Regarding Zelda games ,i would say Twilight Princess is my least favourite does not mean i do not like it, i just prefer others over it.
And it sure does not mean im less of a fan of the series.

And who knows in time you might get to like the oracle games.

I remember when i first played WW i was not really into it.

But as i played it more i really got to like it.
There is just so much i love about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom