• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Ghirahim Intimidate You?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
His tongue and his death threats do intimidate me. His appearance is simply bizarre, I can't describe him beyond that, but he certainly doesn't look like a girl contrary to GI's review. I'm interested in his battle style and if he can do much more than taunt Link, I expect to have some epic battle out of him that will do some good justice.

@vaultboy, I meant that every time i pickup a Zelda I know that independently on how the villain play tough, I'm gonna beat his 4ss without breaking a sweat.

But, the character itself is quite cool. Seems to be much cooler than Zant, and previous incarnations of Ganondorf. The worst thing about a big bad *** dude is that can't interact much with the protagonist. On the other hand, a playful dude like Ghirarim is more likely to well.. play with Link, interact more, dialogue more... plus he is not so obvious.

IHNo

The Other Side
Yes. He scares the crap out of me.
I mean, I see the big, burly types of villains all the time. I've grown quite tired of it, actually. So I'm glad Nintendo went in a different direction with this. And just think about it: If you woke up and saw Ghirahim standing at the foot of your bed and licking his lips, what would you do?

Me? I would pee my pants.

He Intimidates me now...
Reasons: He stalks you in the game
He takes your sword from you when fighting.
he warps really fast...
He licks his lips like he is going to eat you D:
He has a mood disorder...
I am scared to be in the same room with him...
He says he is not going to kill you! but beat you to an inch of your life...Like torture!
He says the next time I meet him he will kill me.
I also think he has a love interest in Link...
He is half of two races.
I do not know why? but why do I have this feeling he is going to end up eating Link? like bowser's inside story...
He probably wants link's blood. He said he was thirsty for bloodshed.
He is a Demon Lord...
Maybe he wants to eat Zelda? maybe he evolves into a blood thirsty fish! D:
I am turning into Luigi here....o_O

Is Ghirahim indimidating. YES! If you look at that one gameplay video, Link battles Ghirahim for the first time. Not only does he talk the talk but he is creepy. Just check out the scary tongue of his. Anyway his stradegy in the battle is to catch your blade in between two of his fingers and backfire your own weapon on you. Now that is hard-core right there. Not only does he do that. But he throws ninja stars at you and makes his own sword appear. Anyway, I'm just hoping this boss will be a good one so yeah PEACE :)

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Nah, he's just one of those transvesti, ladyboys that often appear in Japanese games and his toungue is messed up.

Maybe once you get to know some of his background he might actually seem frightening, I was a little exited when I saw the video where he could take your sword away from you, but not intimidated.

M

Mule-Kick

Not really intimidated but he does kind of creep me out a bit.

He has kind of a Hannibal Lector type of vibe, a bit psychotic if you will.

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
I actually find him quite intimidating. If you look carefully, his skin is grey and dry and all those diamonds in his clothes, earrings and when he warps give him style. Many villains don't have style, just fight.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I think they do good jobs with making most antagonists look scary in the legend of zelda. Ghirahim just in a different way. They made Ganondorf look scary in TP by making him extremely muscular, much taller than you, gave him a deep voice and a constant scowl. Zant was scary because you couldn't see his face, his hands, or really anything . The only thing you could tell was that he was powerful and much taller than you. Then he removes the front of his mask after you beat Morpheel and he has blue sking and sharp teeth which made him even scarier. Then he removes his whole mask and speaks with his normal high-pitched voice and then he just seems crazy and power-hungry. Majora was the same way in that sense. They made him scary by making him crazy, power-hungry, but powerful. Chancellor Cole was a midget but he never went the kind of crazy that Majora did. He just got really angry. He also had horns and kinda looked like a demon which made him a little scary.

Ghirahim looks like he would be the kinda guy who isn't crazy, just thinks he's better than everyone else and acts in a wierd way because of it. He also looks to be just as strong as Zant, but not going to reveal anything that makes him look weak like Zant did during the battle. (Using his high-pitched voice and spinning around aimlessly.) He only looks intimidating because he never runs: he only walks and he also never stands in a sort of battle stance like a darknut would which makes it seem like he thinks you can't hurt him. People are more powerful than you until the end of the game usually do that. Zant does. Ganondorf does.
Once you beat him though he probably wouldn't seem as intimidating.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Not at all, he could be a hard boss that I might die fighting but I'm not intimidated by him. Like Vaati I look forward to the battle and know that eventually I will destroy Ghirahim. Although his creepiness does disturb me somewhat, that only makes getting rid of him that much more justified. I can't wait to see the look on the demon kings face when Link wins the dual. Overall I like Ghirahim, he's almost exactly what Zant could have been.

As Aunoma said, they definitely are going for something different from Ganondorf. He gives the vibes of cunning, intelligence, craftiness, and heterosexuality that obviously contrasts Ganondorf who is powerful, brash, and not too smart. I like this direction because I think we will experience him as a character, somebody we have never seen before. Even if he is effeminate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom