• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Does Breath of the Wild still feel fresh to you?

BotW is two years old now and we could potentially witness the reveal of the next 3D Zelda game some time very soon.

It feels weird that a new game could be coming because I personally can't believe BotW is here, even after two years with the game.

(Waiting six years for the next 3D game after the terrible [in my opinion] Skyward Sword may have something to do with it).

So, does BotW still feel like a new and fresh game to you?

Is there still stuff you havent done or seen?

Did the long wait for it make it hard for you to believe ot actually released at all?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It didn't feel fresh when it came out. I'd played most of it on my Assassin's Creed playthroughs and it was almost as though we hadn't really gotten a new Zelda. With the minimal story and open world devoid of meaningful things to do It certainly didn't hit the spot that has needed to be hit since 2006.

2017 and 2018 felt like such drags anyway that I feel BoTW has been with us for many many years already also.

I am absolutely 100% sure it will feel fresh when I play it next time. I made this stupid decision not to replay it before I have played all previous Zelda games through (at least all 3D games). It felt a good decision at the time but now after a year... I hate myself for making that decision. Hopefully I thank myself later when I get to play it again and it feels fresh. I'm anxiously waiting to hear "Open your eyes" once again. I still have lots of things to do in the game: side quests, shrines, finding all Koroks, hero mode, the whole DLC content, glitches, speed running attempts, general exploring of the world, maxing the stats. Only the main story + some side quests and most of the shrines took +300 hours. I'm sure I'll double that time when I get to play it again.

I hope Zelda Switch announcement isn't around the corner as I still have so much things to do in previous games. Announcement of a new game would shift my attention too much to the future. I could easily wait at least till 2020 until the announcement of a new big 3D Zelda game. I'm still hyped up about BotW.

I am absolutely 100% sure it will feel fresh when I play it next time. I made this stupid decision not to replay it before I have played all previous Zelda games through (at least all 3D games). It felt a good decision at the time but now after a year... I hate myself for making that decision. Hopefully I thank myself later when I get to play it again and it feels fresh. I'm anxiously waiting to hear "Open your eyes" once again. I still have lots of things to do in the game: side quests, shrines, finding all Koroks, hero mode, the whole DLC content, glitches, speed running attempts, general exploring of the world, maxing the stats. Only the main story + some side quests and most of the shrines took +300 hours. I'm sure I'll double that time when I get to play it again.

I hope Zelda Switch announcement isn't around the corner as I still have so much things to do in previous games. Announcement of a new game would shift my attention too much to the future. I could easily wait at least till 2020 until the announcement of a new big 3D Zelda game. I'm still hyped up about BotW.

That's some impressive self restraint you have there.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm of a mind with Deus on this. Due to the Open World fad going on right now, there are a LOT of Open World titles, many of whom like to "borrow" concepts from each other, and then borrow concepts from the games that borrowed them in the first place. They often do this without rhyme or reason, simply because said game sold well. This leads to a lot of Open World "inbreeding" and many of them feel samey.

BOTW is particularly guilty of this, along with another flaw Open Worlds are infamous for: recycling content. By the time I was halfway through my first playthrough of BOTW, it felt like I was completing my tenth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom