• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Anyone Want to Play EVERY Legend of Zelda Game?

For those who don't know, my dream is to one day do a special something for Nintendo involving Zelda. I'm not saying what it is again because that's not the focus right now, instead I want to talk about what the topic is titled. I decided in 2010 to start playing old Zelda games and when 2011, the 25th anniversary, came in I decided, to show how much of a loyal fan I am, to play EVERY Legend of Zelda game possible, with exceptions to the CD-I games, for obvious reasons, and the spin-offs. For those curious, I now have a copy of Spirit Tracks and am going to the first dungeon. After this, the ones I have yet to play are the Oracle games. I'm saving those for their hopeful/eventual eShop release for 3DS.

So, does anyone else have the desire to play every Zelda game possible? Which have you or have you not played yet?

This has been a desire of mine for a very long time but unlike you I have a wish to play every Zelda game including CD-games, spin-offs, and even discontinued installments. This has been further ingrained in me since I joined DARK MASTER's Skype chat. He nurtured my brain to realize there is so much more to the Zelda franchise than first meets the eye.

In regards to the fourteen main Zelda installments, I own all of them save Oracle of Ages. The only Zelda spin-offs in my possession are Link's Crossbow Training and Four Swords (on GBA and Anniversary Edition). I hope to obtain FSA one day but am waiting for the possibility of a rerelease on Wii U. Such a game would work well with the Game Pad. In regards to obscure gems hidden by the sands of time, the CD-i games and BS Zelda titles suit my fancy with The Ancient Stone Tablets being of particular interest especially after watching a detailed documentary on the game.

Dan

Erm of course I do. Why restrict myself to only some. It's just I take so long completing a game. Been playing MM since I joined this forum... and I'm still playing it. I take long breaks.

I want to own every Zelda game. I only have 8 of them now. But I plan on getting the other ones hopefully soon. I own The Minish Cap, Four Swords,(never played)Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons and Ages, and Link's Awakening.

ENA-three!

the man from mars
i to share your dream, i will make it happen. i hope my drawing skills can someday make a manga that they didnt do yet. a good cartoon series, maybe a good ongoing anime, draw art or something...i sort of already do since i sell my paintings of loz....wanna buy one? haha well, either way, yes, i have played every single loz game. good luck with your journy!

When I first got into the series with Twilight Princess, I was definitely like this. I own and have played every main Zelda game. I just haven't tried beating them all since I seem to want to play a lot of my other games. When it comes to spin-offs and the CD-i games, I couldn't care less if I play them or not. Not that I don't acknowledge them as Zelda games, I just don't really see much appeal in them for me to want them.

Oh, and btw, I do count Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures as main Zelda titles.

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I definitely want to play every Zelda game. I've already played all of what's acknowledged as the main series, along with the BS Zelda games. Here's what I have left to play:

1. The Nelsonic Game Watch
2. Zelda Game and Watch
3. The CD-i games
4. Four Swords
5. The Tingle games

I'm probably going to play the Tingle games and Four Swords eventually, but the other three will be difficult to get around to, or even find.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I, too, am on a quest to complete every Legend of Zelda game. Just recently, my dream came within reach: I finally own every single game, including both Four Swords (on GBA and DS) and FSA. I also have Link's Crossbow Training and Soul Calibur II (if that counts; I only bought it because of Link, anyway). I wish I could get the CD-I games, but they're so expensive, and that's WITHOUT the system. Hopefully one day I'll get ahold of those Tingle games, too.

I still have yet to complete the two Oracle games and Adventure of Link. I just lost a lot of progress in AoL (I have to beat the second boss AGAIN), so I'm a bit discouraged there, but I'm steadily making my way through the fourth dungeon in OoS. There's a long, complicated story behind why I have no progress in OoA, but I'm hoping to start completing it soon. I've played all the way up to the second dungeon before.

I also suppose I should actually play through the GBA FS. A friend gave it to me, but I don't have a second GameBoy Advance or cable to play it with...

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
This had been a desire of mine, but I completed it 2 or 3 years ago. I've played everything. The Cd-games, spin-offs, discontinued, you name it. Now, I'm just waiting for a new game to complete.

I own every canon Zelda game aside from Four Sword Adventure, i just can't find it anywhere and i refuse to pay something close to triple figures for a game i'm not sure i'll like.

I've completed A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Oracle of Ages, Link's awakening, and Skyward Sword.
Currently I'm half way through both Oracle of Seasons and Phantom Hourglass.
Although i own Four Swords I've not been able to play it because it is on my ALttP cartridge and i dont have four friends with the game with their own gba and cables.. my 3DS is also not online so i can't download it, shame =[

but it is my goal to complete them all before Zelda WiiU comes out =]

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
I have had the honor of playing every one of the 16 main series games. I also own every one of them, and most of the editions. Of the North American releases, I own 27 of 34 separate versions of games. Every collector counts differently, so some people may say there are more or less. I'm currently missing: LoZ(gba), LttP(Collector's edit), OoT(v1.1), Link's CBow training, OoT/MQ(gc), And both the standard wii release, and Nintendo Selects release of Twilight Princess. I'll be honest, that final blow to bellumbeck in PH (the last zelda I beat) felt so good. I knew I had done something others had not. I remember having this dream years ago, before I beat either of the NES titles. I didn't think it was possible because I didn't think I could beat them. Then I just did one day.

I honestly don't care much to play the handheld ones. Links Awakening was good, and I did beat the Minish Cap. But Phantom Hourglass was a giant pile of suckage, and I imagine Spirit tracks is just as bad. Never played the Oracle games... I just find it too difficult to get into the hand held ones...

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
YESSSSSSSSSSS.I WANT THOSE OTHER GAMES.THEY'RE FUN,I MOSTLY WANT FOUR SWORDS ADVENTURES,LINK TO THE PAST AND SPIRIT TRACKS!!!!! OH AND WIND WAKER TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ~!!!!! I WANNA PLAY THOSE GAMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS well except cd-i.and those stupid spin-offs.

what the heck,caps?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i never originally wanted to play all the zelda games,then at one point i looked at my wii & gba and thought 'wait.....i AM capable of playing all the zelda games.....mainly'
so far the only games that are inaccesable to me are the ds titles since i don't own anything from the ds line

right now the next titles im aiming at are the oracles,im going for seasons first

I too wish to play all of the zelda games. Except I want to play them on their original consoles meaning no ports. I'll still buy the ports (possibly), but I want to play them all on their original consoles first. In order to do that I need an NES, Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, a SNES, A Link to the Past, an original gameboy, Link's Awakening, the expansion pack for the Nintendo 64, a gameboy color, Oracle of Ages, Four Swords Adventures, The Minish Cap, A Nintendo DS, and Spirit Tracks.

As for the CD-i games I would like to play them, but if I don't get to them then it's perfectly alright. Same goes for the rest of the spin-offs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom