• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Does Anyone Want Consistent Races?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The races of Hyrule are always changing, but we see some, such as Gorons and Zora, reappear again and again. Would it benefit the world-building and other aspects of the series if we stuck to a few basic races, or would it be better to keep generating new ones?

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I think it depends on what we want from the series in general. Those that want continuity, which seems to be the direction Nintendo is heading in now that they've published HH (albeit with a fair bit of retcon), are obviously going to want races that are basically the same, or at least have a quasi-reasonable explanation for evolving into something else (Zora/Rito). Beyond that, though, for me it comes down to a battle between nostalgia and the excitement of new things. Part of me loves all the OoT races because that was the basis of my initial love for Zelda, and I'm always slightly disappointed not to get to hang out with my old friends. But at the same time, I think that having new elements introduced is what keeps the magic and sense of wonder that has always been a huge part of the series alive. So, basically, as usual I am conflicted.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I want them to revisit old races (except the Rito) and stop introducing new ones for awhile.

I think they should always have kept the races we saw in OOT MM and TP
I don't mind if they add in other races as long as the original ones are there

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want them to revisit old races (except the Rito) and stop introducing new ones for awhile.

This. More of what I want to say is that I feel Nintendo shouldn't make new races until they can flesh out a world with the current races. I mean, we did get a bit of a look into Goron and Zora life, but it wasn't quite enough. After that we saw the Koroks, the Anouki, the Minish...so many races that lasted for, what, a game and were thrown to the wind just like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom