• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Does anyone think the tech demo from 2011 has any relevancy

I know that was for ever ago now but if Nintendo had breath of the wild in mild the whole time is it possible that the tech demo could have shown the inside of a dungeon and link wearing the green tunic

Ok thank you it was wishful thinking haha the tunics gotta be some where in the game even if it's only a tribute to a former hero or something

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly I'm glad that tech demo is being left in the past where it belongs, I always hated that graphical style. Breath of the Wild is the best looking Zelda we've ever seen, tech demo's got nothing on it. Thank god it was never meant to be more than a demonstration.

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
Wishful thinking... yea I completely understand that much, Ill be honest... I was kinda hoping that would become a legit zeldagame for the wiiu. the graphics are extraordinary.... just imagine what the feel would be like if you flew around in.... say a new zeldagame... and it looked like that.... tiled floors giving you reflections, movements fluid and characters being beyond vibrant!
twilight princess HD was amazing.... so was the original.... but these graphics are a step even above these...
its beautiful.... I loved it...... its never too late to hope for something like this in the future....
tumblr_m8eoauDqHn1ru1svko1_500.gif

Something like this would have been basically impossible for the Wii U. The Tech Demo was made to use all of the possible power of the Wii U; rendering, lets say, TP with the graphics of the Tech Demo, would have completely overpowered the system.

Yea I'm actually really glad with the direction they went with the art style I think it's going to make hyrule the most beautiful and breath taking that we've ever seen, the tech demo graphics are tight but not realistic for the open world format of the game that would take way to much processing power for the wiiu I doubt that the nx would be able to even run that kind of hd design very smoothly

I know that was for ever ago now but if Nintendo had breath of the wild in mild the whole time is it possible that the tech demo could have shown the inside of a dungeon and link wearing the green tunic
I think it would be capable of doing so if the right conditions were met

Wishful thinking... yea I completely understand that much, Ill be honest... I was kinda hoping that would become a legit zeldagame for the wiiu. the graphics are extraordinary.... just imagine what the feel would be like if you flew around in.... say a new zeldagame... and it looked like that.... tiled floors giving you reflections, movements fluid and characters being beyond vibrant!
twilight princess HD was amazing.... so was the original.... but these graphics are a step even above these...
its beautiful.... I loved it...... its never too late to hope for something like this in the future....
tumblr_m8eoauDqHn1ru1svko1_500.gif
Personally I think this looks just as good as botw but I would like a game in this art style

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say it's probably the same engine but besides that it was just a tech demo to show off pretty Wii U graphics

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

The tech demo was just to give a deceptive impression to buyers of what the Wii u was capable of and build up their hopes. The fact is that they couldn't make a game on Wii U hardware that is Zelda sized that looks as good as the tech demo and we won't be seeing anything like it in BoTW.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Unfortunately no. Shame really, that they show off the hardware of their console and then never live it up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom