• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Anyone Know if Nintendo is Gonna Fix the Treasure Chest Rupees?

I'm not sure if you guys know or not, I don't really follow all the news for SS so if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it. You know how in TP if your wallet was full you couldn't get rid of rupee treasure chests in dungeons? I hope they fixed this in SS. It really defeated the purpose of the compass for me.

If there is no info on the topic than feel free to drop your opinion of the treasure chest rupees. Maybe my opinion on them is not shared by the community but I'd imagine so as it was very annoying.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Actually, the rupees not being taken was a measure to fix a complaint very similar to yours. When the rupees were taken, you'd be able to keep them anyway even if your wallet was full. Making for a waste of rupees.

As for anything relating to SwS (I'll try to avoid nazi references), they said that chests with rupees will be kept to a minimum. Now they will have useful upgrades or so say the devs.

You liked the rupees not being taken? hmm, if others liked it that way, they should keep the system. But you never were looking for a small key and did all this backtracking only to find a rupee? That happened to me a lot made me frustrated.

What's the Nazi reference?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
It's not that I liked it. It's that people complained about having their wallets filled and wasting rupees in Wind Waker. That was a hassle, especially towards the end of the game (Tingle is such a thief). Still, you're right about confusing treasure chests due to assuming you hadn't checked them yet. That was just as big of a hassle.

Oh, and the nazi reference is SS. That was the very same acronym as Hitler's forces were referred to, don't take it seriously, though, as that is just a joke I don't get tired of making.

Last edited:

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
I liked the fact that the game put them back in the chest if the wallet was full. That way, later on if I needed cash, I could revisit some of the dungeons and go on Rupee quests. :)

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I liked the fact that the game put them back in the chest if the wallet was full. That way, later on if I needed cash, I could revisit some of the dungeons and go on Rupee quests. :)
Yeah, same here. Sure, it's slightly frustrating to find a chest without any short time benefit to you. But it's a lot worse to find 200 rupees that disintegrate immediately just because you don't have a bigger wallet.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
You know what would be smart to really avoid this would be to put a bank in the game like we saw in Majora's Mask. I understand the bank was there so you wouldn't lose your rupees when you went back in time, but I do agree that getting rupees when your wallet is full is a waste. That is why I actually liked the treasure chests not giving you rupees in Twilight Princess when you wallet is full. However, since a Link to the Past, the rupees have been sort of....useless with the exception of Wind Waker where many side quests involved rupees. But In Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, rupees were HARDLY spent depending on how often you needed potions and stuff like that. Although now im sure with the Master Quest in OoT 3D we'll need ALL the rupees and potions we can get. That was off topic I know, so relating back to Skyward Sword I really hope they implement a rupee system where we'll need to actually spend out rupees instead of keeping them in our wallets.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I disliked the idea Twilight Princess used about putting Rupees back into the chests. I never experienced a Rupee shortage in TP, and like you said, the numerous chests containing the Rupees did defeat the purpose of putting the compass into use. So unless Skyward Sword puts Rupees to good use (unlike the Wind Waker), I would prefer that they went back to how it was before TP, getting the money no matter what. And I would like them to decrease on the number of Rupee-containing chests there were, as Rupees isn't really a good prize.

They said there'll be less pointless rupee treasure chests, and more to spend your rupees on.
Like upgrades for example. Apparentely a lot of the upgrades will be optional and you'll have to go look for them, but some of them will make significant differences. Sounds great.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Well, TP and WW are two different games. In WW, for that thief Tingle, you could never have enough rupees. In TP, there were just too many rupees, which made it hard if you wanted to get every treasure chest. Personally, I hope that there's more to buy in SwS, plus more in chests than just rupees.

What it should do if you opened a chest with rupees and your wallet was full is leave the rupees in the chest but change the icon on your compass/map of that chest to a rupee :)

I hated backtracking in TP to only find rupees, I ended up writing descriptions of chest areas so I'd know if I opened them or not.

This is actually a very good idea. Nice one!

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well, I read and heard that we won't be getting some boring old rupees that was so freakin hard to get. I heard that there will be many items to collect, and that the items are used for upgrades for weapons and items, such as the Upgraded Beetle with pincers, and I assume that there will be a later upgrade that makes it faster. SO basically, (on what I heard) we'll be getting items that you collect to upgrade stuff.

i liked how tp did it,because in oot i wasted a lot of rupees just because i had no room for them. what i think they should do is have a system like tp but add a bank like in mm so you could save up your rupees.like if you're in the middle of a dungeon and your wallet if full, you could warp out and put the money in the bank. then go back in a get the ones you missed. but they do not have enough to spend rupees on. and too many rupees in the game except in mm. i had a hard time finding rupees in mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom