• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Does Anyone else Want a 50+ Hour Game?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I agree, cuz to me I feel that TP is a really short game, Screw those bugs, so i can beat that game in about 20 some hours and still have almost all the hearts and extra stuff. But that game was amazing i think, Probably one of the better stories, Characters were greatly developed.The village life, the freedom fighters, Midna's story was awesome, anyone who didnt see the whole Zant being Ganons Pawn coming was just not a Zelda player, so there is no reason to say that was dumb. Every moment of that game was great. and it just felt short thats all, but still is in my top three.

However, I also would like to have a 50 hour game that is just like that!

I would like a 50+ hour game as long as the content is solid content throughout all 50+ hours. If its just going to be a waste of time or pointless side quests (don't get me wrong, i love side quests, just not boring/lackluster ones.) If the creators can manage to create a wonderful game and have 50 or more hours of game play, i would be ecstatic.

The guy who beat Skyward Sword in 19 Hours has to be a pro or he looked at the strategy guide constantly and rushed through the game without enjoying it... The kind of gamer that skips all the cutscenes etc.. The game took me well over 70 hours to beat and I'm no novice! I have beaten almost every Zelda game that has been released, so I know a thing or two about Zelda. I suspect the difference between me and the 19 hour guy is the fact that I take my time and enjoy the games. I explore in an attempt to find all the secrets and "Try" to 100% the game. If you play a modern 3D zelda game (with the exception of ALBW) the right way it should take you atleast 50 hours the first playthrough.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Heard that. I'm 12 hours in and at just started Lanayru Desert and from what I hear there is quite a bit more

Your first run doesn't count. Also....I kinda wanna see a video playlist of someone taking so long to beat a Zelda title. I'm starting to think all of these claims are either

1) Heavily exaggerated guesses

2) Forgetting that the TP timer continues when the game is paused.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Your first run doesn't count. Also....I kinda wanna see a video playlist of someone taking so long to beat a Zelda title. I'm starting to think all of these claims are either

1) Heavily exaggerated guesses

2) Forgetting that the TP timer continues when the game is paused.
I generally only play a Zelda game once, and if I play it again it's after a long enough time that I've forgotten most of it. I think your first run is the only one that counts. You're learning things as you encounter them, which is what the game was designed for.

DarkestLink

I generally only play a Zelda game once, and if I play it again it's after a long enough time that I've forgotten most of it. I think your first run is the only one that counts. You're learning things as you encounter them, which is what the game was designed for.

Yeah, but people get stuck on their first run or misunderstand things and waste time. This is unmeasurable because it varies between player to player, therefore, in my eyes, a game's length can only be measured by timing it being played through by someone who knows what they're doing.

DarkestLink

...What?

Yes it does. Yes it does! That's the one that matters the most!

Again, I disagree for the reasons mentioned. Also, you might just play the game differently on your first run than you would normally, which would make the measurement a niche. There's also the question of what we're measuring.

Just the main quest? 100%? An "average run", which I see as the main quest and whatever sidequests don't feel like a pain in the butt (this would be the hardest to measure if we were going for accuracy, but even so, we should expect some consistent numbers).

But really, for all I know, you had a mental block on your first run that kept you from solving a very simple puzzle for 4 hours. That's not the game. It's the player.

50+ hour main quest would be ideal to me for sure. However, quality before quantity, for me I want to see another expansive game again like Twilight Princess more than anything; whether that means having a very long quest... I guess the two go hand in hand, but its the feeling more than the actual length for me.

Given that Zelda Wii U is going to be an open-world game, it may innately take longer because of the time it may take figuring out what to do next. Having said that, Nintendo really likes to streamline and simplify their games as seen in both SS and ALBW. Even though ALBW was an open-world game, it was very easy to navigate (Lorule was small and the dungeons were actually marked off on the map with an X). If the next Zelda game is to have a 50+ hour main quest, I'd say Nintendo would have to create at least 10-15 dungeons and provide no handholding, as well as create an overworld that still contains puzzles.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Again, I disagree for the reasons mentioned. Also, you might just play the game differently on your first run

That's the point! The first run is when a game is the most challenging, which allots the time intended by developers for people to finish it! Seriously, if it took 50+ hours to complete a game after the first run, do you know just how long it would take to complete it on a first run? It'd be ludicrous!

Seriously, what the hell is with your mindset??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom