• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Anyone else Miss the Hover Boots?

I want them to make a comeback. :'( Also, the Pegasus Boots should be in a 3D LoZ games. We woudn't need the stupid stamina bar, and maybe they would run on magic? The Bunny Hood was the closest thing to the Pegasus Boots in a 3D game. I still miss the Hover Boots, though.
EDIT: When I first got the Hover Boots, I NEVER took them off. : D
EDIT: MinishLoftwing had a good idea. The Hover Boots in a 3D game could be used as the Roc's Cape in a 2D game.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't miss the Hover Boots all that much, since I'm on my way to getting them on my most recent OoT playthrough! Hahaha. I do want them to see a return, though, since they're awesome. Heck, all different kinds of boots should return in the next two Zeldas! :D

M

MinishLoftwing

Yeah, the hover boots would make a great Roc's Cape replacement for 2D games!

I don't miss them at all, they looked cool in OoT but whenever i used them i was wrought with uncertainty and always thought i wasn't going to make the gap i was running over, too stressful for me, i prefer every other method of clearing gaps than those things.

tlozoot

the evil even Link fears
I certainly think it should return in the new games! But maybe a little modified? Because i think it's a bit outdated.

I absolutely love the Hover Boots although as Spirit maintained you never know when they'll let you down. But that only contributed to the atmosphere of uncertainty that was the Shadow Temple. Everything tangible vanished from beneath your feet and the invisible was actually the real. I'd certainly love to see the item return but what Nintendo should truly be focusing on is creating new unique gear for Link's arsenal along the lines of the beetle in Skyward Sword.

univpark

Heart of Steel
Oh, the uncertainty that is using the Hover Boots...I wouldn't mind too much if they returned, but I was always nervous when using them. Do you know how many times I failed because of them in the forest temple room of Ganon's Tower...?

I miss the hover boots quite a lot! I would like to see an updated version in a new game, absolutely! They are a bit outdated though and could use some upkeep on design and execution, but I really do miss them! I also think we should be able to choose our gear again, unlike in Skyward Sword. We should have multiple different kinds of boots make a return!

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I've never really cared for the Hover Boots. They were cool while they lasted, but they weren't too important and the boots were only in one game. I want to see them return though. I want see all the boots return, they should be in the next couple of Zelda games.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I didnt really like them in the first place, mainly because you walked like a weirdo, and when you did use it it only went half as far as you would have presumed.
However Pegasus boots could make a comback, they made travel easy in older games, however would you rather travel with boots or on your horse, in newer games there not as needed, and with the stamina gauge, wich some people may want back it would be hard to apply them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom