• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Anyone else Have a Problem with This?

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
This is a pretty big issue I have with the current YouTubers. I personally don't believe in "Sub 4 Sub" because it's just stupid IMO. I would never subscribe to someone just because they asked me too. I would subscribe because I liked their videos, not because they'd subscribe back. I seen about five comments of YouTubers asking for "Sub 4 Sub" on Machinama's YouTube. Why can't people just work harder to make people want to subscribe? I want subscribers that are actually going to watch my videos and comment and like and favorite. I don't want subscribers that are just subscribing because I asked them too. That's why on my YouTube, I'm never going to ask people to subscribe or like and favorite. I want people to be able to look at my videos and say "Wow, he never asked for subscribers or likes or favorites and he still got them."

That is if my videos are successful, of course. So, does anyone else have a problem with this?

Also, to the moderators, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, or if there is a similar or same thread already. I couldn't find one and I believe this to be the right section.

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
I do and I don't. I would prefer it to look into someone's subscribe list and see subscriptions relevant or at list actually liked by the channel I'm on. However having said that I'm not too upset with those that do as getting yourself out their and up and running is one of the hardest things. I would be happy, however, with a "sub 4 sub" system if all parties only did it with relevant channels. For example a Zelda channel with another Zelda channel, then I could look in the subs of a channel I already know and see others that I don't. It gives them more chance of subs and gives me a nice way to find channels I might like.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Just ignore them. If they're not asking for you to sub 4 sub them then it shouldn't bother you much. I just call them attention whores in my mind and their existence never bothers me again. If they ask you to sub 4 sub just block them from your channel and go on with your life. I'm pretty sure no one has ever become popular by sub 4 subbing so it's not even worth anyone's time ranting about them.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
I've never been asked Sub 4 Sub and that might make it sound like it's a bitter issue, but it's not. I just hate the idea that there's people busting their asses to make the videos they make like Caleb who spent two hours editing a single video for the Majora's Mask walkthrough, while there's people that are taking the alternative route to get noticed. This only proves that nice guys finish last. And I bet it is hard to get yourself up and running, I get to experience it in twenty-seven hours when my first video drops and then who knows if I'm ever gonna get anywhere. I don't want to sound like I'm angrily ranting, it's just an issue I have with the Gaming YouTubers. I need to rephrase what I said. It wouldn't be so bad to have a system where you could find YouTubers you like, but honestly, what is the chance someone's actually going to do the same? Making videos is just something I'm really passionate about. I've been thinking about this for a really long time. Swear. It's something I've been watching people do since 2007 and it's something I've grown to love and respect, without giving a damn what people think. It's just an issue I have with them.

I can honestly sit here and compare sub for sub to Pirating. There's the people who illegally pirate their music, movies, games etc. (The Sub 4 Sub guys) and the people who work their asses off to buy what they want (Guys like Caleb who spend two hours on a single video people are going crazy for.)

It's probably a pretty stressful time for Caleb, seeing as how he's got to have some other stuff going on in his life and then he's got responsibilities here and then a real job. That's just an assumption, I don't know Caleb personally. And no offense to any of the other ZD members who do work hard like Caleb.

Those are the reasons why I detest Sub 4 Sub. It's cheating IMO. I'll never change my opinion of it. I'm too stubborn. Sorry if it came off as angry ranting, I didn't mean for it too. D:

My mate does sub 4 sub but i dont get it. when he logs onto his you tube he has loads of videos that he just deletes straight away. WHATS THE POINT!

I'm using ytb for maybe 5 years already and I still haven't understood why everybody is asking for subscriptions anyways. I heard some channels make money out of that - really? How does that work...well, I hardly ever subscribe because if I do I just get spammed by those channels all the time...

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
I hate Sub 4 Sub. The entire reason I hate it is because of how big of a disgrace it is to guys like Caleb and Mases who work hard.

I've seen it plenty of times when browsing through people's channels. I don't approve of it really. I can understand it if both people were to like the content on each other's channels, but sometimes that's simply not the case. It's not really a problem, though, because the chances of someone becoming popular off this practice are pretty slim, because whether they keep those subscribers is all based off those subscribers' opinions on the person who asked. People who do sub4sub normally have this system where if one unsubscribes, then the other will do the same, so both parties lose that one subscriber, which means they're right back where they started before asking.

Caige said:
I don't want to sound like I'm angrily ranting, it's just an issue I have with the Gaming YouTubers.
It does seem to be an issue with them, doesn't it? I've been doing playthroughs of games for about two months now, and I just got my first subscriber. It felt great knowing that someone enjoys my playthroughs enough to subscribe, whether that person is from the Zelda Dungeon forums and came to me through my signature, or if the person was just someone on Youtube. It's even better knowing that it only took two months for my first subscriber, unlike my first Youtube account, in which it took several months to get one.

However, seeing as most gaming Youtubers go to other gaming Youtubers, it doesn't really bother me. It all really goes back to what I said in the first paragraph of this post. They have similar content, so it's really up to them to decide to go through with it.

Ordonary Guy said:
I'm using ytb for maybe 5 years already and I still haven't understood why everybody is asking for subscriptions anyways. I heard some channels make money out of that - really? How does that work...well, I hardly ever subscribe because if I do I just get spammed by those channels all the time...
You can put Google ads on your videos to make money off of them. The more views you get, the higher the chances that someone will click an ad and you'll get more money from it, and that's why having subscribers can be a big deal to some people.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
What's it matter? Unless it somehow interferes with your life, just ignore them. After all, what does it matter how many subcribers someone has or doesn't have.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I don't subscribe to people unless if I find myself coming back to their channel a lot to watch their videos. I currently have 56 subscribers and I'm not subscribed to any of them.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Since I don't have any videos, I have very few subscribers if not none. Even so, this sub for sub stuff can be quite annoying, especially when spammed in the comments of every video I go to watch opposed to actual constructive comments or anything remotely relavent.

Another thing that irritates me about youtube is the "Thumbs up if......" comment trend. Instead of worthwhile comments that genuinely took thought and time being pushed to the top, it's a 3 second comment that says "thumbs up if you liked the video". Can't people see that a function for that already exists?

*sigh*. This is why youtube has a bad reputation (Comment wise that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom