• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Anyone else Hate the Way Link Runs in Skyward Sword?

Me and my friend have been talking about skyward sword lately and we both agree (based on what we see in walkthroughs and videos on the internet) that the way Link runs when he is holding his :sword: is..... well its dumb! No one runs like that with their sword pointed straight out. so what i was wondering (since like i said neither of us has actually played the game) is, is it possible for Link to run with his sword to one side like in other :zelda: game like in :eek:carina: of time? that is a little flaw that kinda bugs me and I'd like to know what other people think.

Woah, hey, your the one holding his Sword, you can put it away or do what i like to do and hold behind him, that looks pretty beast. :cool:

I like it, it's just giving people what they want, more control.

Deeds

no text
Me and my friend have been talking about skyward sword lately and we both agree (based on what we see in walkthroughs and videos on the internet) that the way Link runs when he is holding his :sword: is..... well its dumb! No one runs like that with their sword pointed straight out. so what i was wondering (since like i said neither of us has actually played the game) is, is it possible for Link to run with his sword to one side like in other :zelda: game like in :eek:carina: of time? that is a little flaw that kinda bugs me and I'd like to know what other people think.
You don't hold the sword when you run! You must be looking at the BETA videos of it because I'm pretty sure when you hold down A, to run, he puts his sword back.

indeed, hey puts his sword away. But when he WALKS, on the other hand, het hold his sword kinda stupid. For that reason I always put his sword away, even when I'm not running. Alternatively, you can huld your WIImote slightly to the right, that way link does the same and it won't look too stupid. Altough it will make your arm ache...

Guys he is talking about the way Link runs, not walks...

well, as some other dude mentioned, he doesn't hold his sword when running, so I do believe they mean walking. He actually does run a bit when walking. I mean, he walks too quickly to really be called walking.

V

Volkner

Link cannot run with the sword out,if it is walking you are talking about well you can just hold the wii mote pointing down and it will look cooler

Well, it's kind of funny, actually. My sister is a runner, so everytime she watches me play Skyward Sword, she'll make fun of his running form. But I do agree with her on that. I've seen track stars run--they do so very strategically to save energy.

By the way Link runs, it's no wonder he tires out so quickly. It's a little pathetic, yes, but if Nintendo wanted to make use of a stamina meter, realistically, Link wouldn't tire out as quickly if he were to run properly.

It'll always bother me a little bit, but it got me out of the habit of compuslively rolling to cover ground in other titles. ;p

Fig

The Altruist
You must be talking about when Link is walking around, not running. In order to run, you will need to press the A button and he will put away his sword in its scabbard and then will start to sprint until his stamina goes down or when the A button is released. While walking, it is your choice if you want Link to carry his sword in a way, for it is you that controls his sword actions.

C

CatCloud

The sword is only held out if the player holds it out. Most the time when I run I dash so I put the sword away.

Heh heh... My 5 year old nephew commented about the way Link walks with his sword and shield equipped. It's like he's slightly crouching as walks, which does look a bit awkward, I guess. It was especially funny when my nephew imitated Link's movements. lol

What's odd is I never noticed this until my nephew brought it up. X3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Link does run when you hold the sword out, guys/girls. He sprints when you hold A. Sprinting and running are two totally different things :yes:

The thing about how he runs is that he doesn't allow his sword arm to rest, which is as unrealistic as it is goofy (meaning: very). I like it for what it is, at least he doesn't hang his arm around his head lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom