• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Does Anybody Miss These?

When i say 'these' I mean the glowing orbs that you get for destroying difficult/bigger enemies in Wind Waker, the ones that you need to smash open for hearts, pendants, rupees and other items.

I really liked them in WW and thought they were quickly going to become a mainstay but since WW we haven't seen them again in a 3D home console outing...

Would anyone like to see these glowing orbs (surely they have a name) come back in a 3d Zelda game or did you dislike them so much that you're glad that they haven't returned?

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I thought they were awesome! I hope they do bring them back. They remind me of the jars found in KH BBS, depending on what color you would break them on, you would either get HP, or D-Link crystals.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Personally, I'm fine either way. At the same time, I'm kind of glad it hasn't returned because those glowing orbs can make the game easier by quickly replenishing you hearts, rupees, and other collectibles, and I want games to get harder. But if they do come back, I wouldn't find it a big deal.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
You mean...bobbles? Or, that's what I call them.
I really liked them and hope they will appear in a future ZElda.

I like them, they were a great way to get rupees, hearts, spoils, etc.

I don't really see why they got rid of them, they were useful, fun, and cool-looking! You knew that even beating just a common enemy was worthwhile.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally loved them but felt they were WAY too common. They should be given after defeating a really powerful foe, or maybe upon getting a killstreak without taking damage or something. That'd be interesting, I think. :yes:

I honestly thought they were too much. I know that Wind Waker had to give you a ton of rupees for all the endgame stuff, but getting all of these orbs all the time seemed like overkill to me. Especially once you got the bomb and arrow upgrades. Did you really ever need to replenish that much?

Maybe fewer orbs, with just recovery hearts or something like that would have been better... though you really didn't need many of those throughout the game either.

I missed being able to steal items from enemies with the grappling hook. The it's were a good idea but it felt like every other enemy there was an orb, they should of made it more as a success prize rather then a treat.

I would love for them to come back but they need to be something like, common with rare enemies but rare with common enemies. I'm trying to say that they should appear more commonly with very rare enemies and very rare with the common enemies. WW just made it appear every other time you defeated am enemy, rare or not. They would be a nice addition to a future Zelda, especially if they brought back the way the orbs changed colors and the different colors meant different spoils.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I liked them, but I agree that they were way too common. If they were to return, I think it would be better to make them the drops of harder enemies only, such as Darknuts.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Actually I do. I thought they were fun to smash open and collect the contents.
I hope to see a return, with a redesign to fit the style of the game.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The first time I had them I had no clue what to do. I thought it was some evil device :lol: Till I hit it by accident and got all the treasures inside. I like them. I don't miss them either but it would be fun to see them make a return

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom