• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does album artwork mean anything to you?

The music industry has become increasingly digital over the years and as a result album artwork has become arguably less important.

For me personally, the artwork on the front of some albums helped inspire my tastes, Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell II: Back into Hell, is still one of my favourite images of all time.

But what about you, does album art mean anything to you in this day and age?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
My favorite band is Iron Maiden, and I own three of my favorite albums by them in vinyl.

Part of the fun of Maiden artwork is what new form Eddie is gonna take.

And Tool's artwork is also highly interactive, considering that Adam Jones, their guitarist, is a film and art professional on top of being a musician, he has designed all of their artwork, and it looks fantastic usually.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I generally end up seeing the album art a bit after listening to the music, since I usually listen to whatever's in the genres I like or whatever gets autoplayed, so it doesn't really affect what I listen to. I love looking at the album art when I listen to CDs though. I enjoy looking the cover art the same way I enjoy looking at art in the art books that sometimes come with games, it's just neat!

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Usually I don't care so much about the cover art, but I do have to say that Rush has had some really awesome album artwork, I'd say from Fly By Night (1975) onwards, The only other Album art i really care for is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) by The Beatles or maybe Hot Rats (1969) by Frank Zappa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom