• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Age Really Matter?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
**Pardon me if their has already been a post similar

People argue over what Link's age was in Ocarina of Time, or Wind Waker, and even Majora's Mask..

Is his age really worth arguing over?

Master

Upcoming
To Me , If They Want To Think Of It TimeLine Wise , I Think Knowing The Age Does Matter... :devil:

Majora's Cat

How about that
I'm sorry, but I don't see much reason for this to even be a thread... I don't really understand what you're getting at here.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
As I have explained above, people have complained about Links age in Ocarina of Time, Windwaker, Majora's Mask..etc when he is little. I'm just asking, does the age really matter?!

arkvoodle

Diabolical
There isnt much discussion to be had here except for the basic yes or no answers. The only input I can provide here is that to some extent, the age does matter.

If you mean that the veiwer can imagine Link to be any age imaginable, they could easily assume that "Oh, he's 4 and the TP link is 1290!" going by their own clouded judgement. If Link could be absolutely any age, it would completely mess up timeline theories, as it could easily be said that Link could never die. So age does matter to some extent.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
**Pardon me if their has already been a post similar

People argue over what Link's age was in Ocarina of Time, or Wind Waker, and even Majora's Mask..

Is his age really worth arguing over?

Not in the long run, no... I find the important questions in life to argue over are "What kind of goverment is the most beneficial to its people?" and "Is there such a thing as a just war?"

But this is fandom. Welcome to fandom - where every detail of the lives of characters that do not exist in what we call the real world is scrutinized and argued over as if it were a matter of life or death!

In other words, I don't think it's that important. In my fanwork (I write a *lot* of fanfiction) I use whatever ages I think are best fitting, but, in the end, it's not like the "just war" question, so I don't sweat it too much.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
Well knowing link's age makes him more identifiable to people. In WW, he's speculated to be 12, and I'm 13, so I'll be more appealed to play that game because the similar ages between us. And we can put people who want to 'do' tetra but calling them pedos for wanting to do a 12 year old girl.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Does it really matter? No. You can clearly see when he is a child or a "young man" . The exact age doesn't matter.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'm going with the majority here and say that the exact age doesn't really matter. Like with other story elements such as timeline, apparently Nintendo intentionally doesn't reveal it. Even in Wind Waker, where Link has his birthday, it's kept cryptic (something along the lines of "when a boy on that island reaches a certain age..."). This is done so that the players can develop their own opinions. I've actually seen several discussions on the internet à la
"In game X, Link is clearly Y years old!!!!! It's so ovious!!!" - "No you idiot, he's 100% definitely Y+1!" - "You're all wrong, I have a friend whose father's third-grade cousin's fourth ex-wife worked for Nintendo so I know he's Y-1!!!!"... (more senseless megabytes of "discussion" go here)
Such discussions are ridiculous, so I'm keeping out of them anyway, besides I personally couldn't care less if Link is 12y4m6d or 12y4m5d old.

no age does not really matter and gerudeDesert do you agree that people shouldn't argue over it? :hmm:

Attachments

• Link_OoT.jpg
    Link_OoT.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 2
S

ScaryMunky

Does it matter? Not to a very high degree, but personally I enjoy discussing such things. I like knowing and/or speculating on the little details behind my favorite series.

I haven't read the threads around here that you're referring to in which people were "arguing" over his age, but let me just say that there is a fine line between arguing and debating, and the latter can be an effective way of learning new things and expanding people's point of views.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
Age does matter or doesn't matter, it depends on how you look at it. If you look at it like a hardcore time line person, like myself, it is important. If you are just playing the games for fun it doesn't matter. So yeah a matter of opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom