• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does A Correct Prediction Bother You?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is talking about being able to predict the plot. Lately, I tend to hear a lot about shows and stuff doing the "unexpected" just for shock value and it not coming out very well, like they're going too far out of their way to avoid predictability. Do you think predictability is a bad thing? I was reading a great book today and I found that I was able to predict the plot twist towards the end. I was not unhappy; I was excited that my theorizing had been correct. That's usually how it is for me. But do you see things that way? Are you excited about successfully making a prediction or are you annoyed that the story was predictable?

Sometimes I like to watch cheesy, predictable movies. Romantic drama films can be very predictable but it doesn’t matter. It fits. Movies that are supposed to be lighthearted don’t necessarily need any twists.
Just like A Link In Time said, I’d rather choose predictable story than complex story that is far fetched

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
Predictable can be amazingly realistic yet still good, if done right.

I usually figure out a lot of stuff before the twists happen because i can see the subtextual plot points and what theyre aiming at.

Sometimes i dont mind because most movies nowadays are predictable and safe like every Marvel movie ever and im not expecting to be surprised.

Im not big into movies anyway so if i figure something out i dont really care as long as the film is still entertaining.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It really depends on the story. If a story is predictable right from the start and doesn't give me anything new or surprise me in any way, I'm more likely to find it not even worth my time. But if a story keeps me focused from the beginning till the end I don't care if it's predicateble and yes you got every right to feel satisfied or happy about your prediction coming true. Why not?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It doesn't tend to matter to me too much whether or not a movie is predictable. That being said, an unexpected twist can keep things pretty interesting so I'm certainly not opposed in that direction so long as the movie is done well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom