• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dodongo's Cavern in SS?

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Watching the IGN preview, I saw a scene that seemed very familiar. It is the one where Ghirahim is standin on top of what looks to be a giant skull.

Skyward Sword:
SS - dodongo's cavern.jpg

Ocarina of Time:
800px-DCC.jpg

It looks much like dodongo's cavern from OoT. There's a giant skull of some creature, large ribs lining the walls, and is very fiery in appearance. So does that mean we get to see a primitive version of Dodongo's Cavern in SS? That's interesting because we haven't seen any dodongos yet in SS (at least I think we haven't seen them yet). So is this a completely different area? What do you think?

Also, that skull looks uncannily like Stallord's head

Last edited:

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Well, I do not believe that there is any reason why this can't be true. Nice comparison, When the game is released I'll be sure to check this out more thoroughly!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I thought it would have been nice to be the one to defeat that giant dodongo who's skull is in Dodongo's cavern.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Doubt it, we have more or less been confirmed all of the dungeons. Besides if we had Dodongo's Cavern it would have to be in the Eldin province being from death mountain and we have been confirmed the temples in the Eldin province are the earth temple and old shrine. So very unlikely but cool find.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Doubt it, we have more or less been confirmed all of the dungeons. Besides if we had Dodongo's Cavern it would have to be in the Eldin province being from death mountain and we have been confirmed the temples in the Eldin province are the earth temple and old shrine. So very unlikely but cool find.

But what if it is INSIDE an existing dungeon, or maybe it's a mini-dungeon. Besides, haven't we seen what looks to be Volvagia?

Links Brother

But what if it is INSIDE an existing dungeon, or maybe it's a mini-dungeon. Besides, haven't we seen what looks to be Volvagia?
Possibly. Still I doubt it, I don't think Nintendo would reuse old ideas. As for Volvagia I myself don't believe it, but still that's unrelated to Dodongo's cavern. I'm not saying I would not like it it sounds cool but just unlikely.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Nice catch. Probably nothing more than an easter egg though.

I doubt a room that big is just an easter egg. Usually easter eggs are small things (hidden messages) that aren't even found out by a vast majority of people. I think it is less significant than becoming a dungeon, but more significant than just being an easter egg.

I wouldn't consider the design of the ceiling and one item very large in the grand scheme of things. Its just a nod to fans of Ocarina and a way to hint that this temple may become Dodongo's Cavern in the future".

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Possibly. Still I doubt it, I don't think Nintendo would reuse old ideas. As for Volvagia I myself don't believe it, but still that's unrelated to Dodongo's cavern. I'm not saying I would not like it it sounds cool but just unlikely.

What are you talking about? Nintendo is known for rehashing old ideas into new games. And all the dungeons have not been confirmed.

M

Matthew

Wow. Very strong resemblance, IMO.
I like the idea another poster posted about being able to kill the Dodongo whose skull hangs in Dodongo's Cavern in OoT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Links Brother

What are you talking about? Nintendo is known for rehashing old ideas into new games. And all the dungeons have not been confirmed.
I meant the dungeons of the Eldin province. Now when you think about it a skull is something you see in a lot of fire areas or even just areas in general. Just because their's a skull that looks similar to the one in OoT does not mean it's Donongo's Cavern. Who knows it might be, Nintendo always surprises us. But I don't think it's enough information to start saying it's Donongo's Cavern or related to Donongo's Cavern.

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
Interesting.
It could be Dodongo's Cavern.
But I think it might be part of another dungeon which will later become the Dodongo's Cavern from OoT.
We will just have to wait to find out.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
It would've been better if SS-Link defeats the current Dodongo and the skull we see in OoT is the skull from the boss we defeat in SS.. If Dodongo will even be featured in SS that is ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom