• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Doctor Who

Are there any fans of Doctor Who on this site?

I admit I'm a very casual fan of the doctor. Meaning I like the premise, the character, the idea of traveling through time and space as well as the various enemies, personal favorite being the Cybermen, but I haven't seen EVERY episode, mostly the 10th and 11th doctors.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I have so many friends who watch the show, but I don't think I've watched a single episode. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Everyday a few of my friends are like "did you watch Doctor Who last night?" I like science fiction; I should probably start watching it.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
yes, yes, you should start watching it, LegendOf Zelda! and, I am also a DW fan! my friend actually got me into it a year or so ago. :)

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I absolutely adore Doctor Who! It's one of my favorite Sci-Fi series.

I've been watching ever since Christopher Eccleston was the doctor, but since then i've watched all of the older episodes, from the first doctor up until now.

My favorite doctor would have to be David Tennant. He was funny, and I liked the way he potrayed the character. Matt Smith is alright, I guess. The storyline for Tennant's series was much better, IMO. Smith's storylines are very centered around the "power of love" opposed to solving things the logical way using timey wimey stuff and the good old fashioned Sonic Screwdriver. :P

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I love Doctor Who. I started watching it almost a year ago, and my first episode was one featuring the 11th doctor. (I have to say my favorite doctor is the 10th though.) I'm completely hooked on the show now. I've seen a couple episodes featuring the 4th doctor, but not enough to really generate an opinion on the older episodes. I've seen all the episodes from the 9th doctor onward. The monsters in Doctor Who are always interesting, but I'm not sure if my favorite monsters are either weeping angels or daleks. :P The latest season was a little dramatic, but I enjoyed the twists. (Didn't see the last one coming at all, loved it.)

I have to say there are a couple things with the writing which tend to bug me, but overall this is a very good show. My biggest pet peeves would be that the awesome sonic screwdriver sometimes comes off as a bit of a writing cop-out, and I'm always a bit disappointed when they visit the extremely distant future, because I imagine the actual extremely distant future is wildly unimaginable due to the accelerating pace of technology. I still love the show though, and to anyone who hasn't seen it, I highly recommend giving it a try!

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Me and my friends started watching them when we were about 5 :O My first episode was in the middle of David Tenant-Billy Piper. To this day, I miss Billy and David, and I liked them more than any other Doctor-______

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom