• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Doctor Who Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Hmmm, hmmm... I'm not getting any big scum vibes off of MFS. I'll wait. I'm still debating on small things and whatnot...

or maybe I'm just really bad at this >_<
also have limited internet access, I'll try my best.

Pen

The game is on!
Hi, I'm back, and I've read everything. This latest page (8) was especially interesting to read through, because there were a lot of new things and thoughts. I still don't quite know what to think though.

Oh, and I liked Ninten*'s new idea about there being a Roleblocker who saved Axle.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
It doesn't really matter who saved him. The only difference is that the Roleblocker knows the identity of the God Father. So the Roleblocker has the biggest advantage of all of us. The Mafia are now gonna hunt him down the best they can. So it's a race at this point which means the game might be quick depending on what the RB and the Mafia decide to do.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
The only difference is that the Roleblocker knows the identity of the God Father.

Not necessarily The Godfather. It could be The Vigilante or Serial Killer who targetted Axle. If that's right though, the Roleblocker knows that someone has a some sort of powerful role.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
To be frank, I'd rather No Lynch again rather than risk the odds and possibly kill a townie.

Everyday we get a No Lynch, the Mafia will keep killing us off one by one.

Couldn't agree more, Ninten*.

Vote: Josh

Now, lemme parrot some mafia pros and say that voting isn't a death sentence; I'm merely putting on some pressure. Josh's 'tactic' alone is enough to warrant a vote. Someone with as much experience as him should know that no-lynches lead to mafia wins.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
It doesn't really matter who saved him. The only difference is that the Roleblocker knows the identity of the God Father. So the Roleblocker has the biggest advantage of all of us. The Mafia are now gonna hunt him down the best they can. So it's a race at this point which means the game might be quick depending on what the RB and the Mafia decide to do.

You COULD be right.

Couldn't agree more, Ninten*.

Vote: Josh

Now, lemme parrot some mafia pros and say that voting isn't a death sentence; I'm merely putting on some pressure. Josh's 'tactic' alone is enough to warrant a vote. Someone with as much experience as him should know that no-lynches lead to mafia wins.

No....I totally disagree.

It's too early and I'm too lazy to look up the statistics, but the mafia/town ratio is like 1 mafia for every 3 townie, right? So that would theoretically mean we have a 33% (plus a little bit more for third party if there are third party roles) of hitting someone anti-town. Considering I'm not much of a gambling man, I don't think that's nearly a good enough chance of killing mafia or third party. I consider that a much higher chance of hitting someone town, or hitting a townie with an important role (since no one is immune to lynching).

And again, as I've said before, I don't believe no-lynches lead to mafia wins. Need proof? Look at last night for some. I know it may sound incredibly scummy, but I don't think we can make any progress on finding scum until someone actually dies and David leaves us evidence of what happened and how it happened (which he doesn't seem to be really doing, so pretty much **** that). Unless we can all pinpoint down a target in this day period, I'd rather not take the chance of killing a townie, or a useful townie for that matter.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
No....I totally disagree.

It's too early and I'm too lazy to look up the statistics, but the mafia/town ratio is like 1 mafia for every 3 townie, right? So that would theoretically mean we have a 33% (plus a little bit more for third party if there are third party roles) of hitting someone anti-town. Considering I'm not much of a gambling man, I don't think that's nearly a good enough chance of killing mafia or third party. I consider that a much higher chance of hitting someone town, or hitting a townie with an important role (since no one is immune to lynching).

And again, as I've said before, I don't believe no-lynches lead to mafia wins. Need proof? Look at last night for some. I know it may sound incredibly scummy, but I don't think we can make any progress on finding scum until someone actually dies and David leaves us evidence of what happened and how it happened (which he doesn't seem to be really doing, so pretty much **** that). Unless we can all pinpoint down a target in this day period, I'd rather not take the chance of killing a townie, or a useful townie for that matter.

Josh is right on this one. The fact that the Mafia also decided to No Lynch (one of you guys had to be Mafia voting for No Lynch) means that they're playing a cagier match this round and are trying to keep hidden well. I still have my ideas of who could be mafia but I know that we need either a lynch on a key player for the Mafia or see who gets targeted next night period.

Pen

The game is on!
Considering I'm not much of a gambling man, I don't think that's nearly a good enough chance of killing mafia or third party. I consider that a much higher chance of hitting someone town, or hitting a townie with an important role (since no one is immune to lynching).

I believe roles immune to lynching do in fact exist (not necessarily in this game though).

Okay guys, sorry that I was gone. So from what I understand this is what's happening:

• It's possible that a role-blocker saved Axle. Alright, I can dig that.
  • The role blocker MIGHT have located the Godfather the first night, giving him/her an incredible amount of power.

So, that's pretty dramatic for one day. This is really panning out to be an interesting round... Very baffling.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Well...I've read over everything, and I think this should be approached a different way:

Why would someone want to save Axle?

As far as I know for Town, no two people are supposed to know each other's identities or abilities. They can't discuss strategies or measures of protection to keep scum from taking them down, outside the game. It can only be deliberated in-game, before the eyes of all players, by the roles being claimed and rightly corroborated, or a certain Townie's role becoming apparent in the flow of discussion.

And as for Mafia, every scumbag knows their roles and abilities upfront. They use that knowledge to manipulate circumstances in a way that bring suspicion over Town (although all their identities are unknown). Even though they're less, by all means they have the upper advantage. And the resources to keep things balanced on their side.

Consider all that, and this:

-Apparently someone targeted Axle, but somebody saved him.
-Axle was killed, but his ability spared him.

These don't mean that Axle is scum, but someone was obviously shielding him from being taken down. It must've been a Vigilante or Serial Killer as Ninten* suggested. At any point, I'd find it hard to believe it was chance that allowed the Roleblocker to target Axle at the same time as a Vig or SK.

Rachel

be vigitant
From my understanding:
-Axle was targeted by someone who was roleblocked. However, this is not usually announced in the mod scenes.
-Axle could have been saved by a doctor or a similar role. However, this is not usually announced in the mod scenes.
-I am assuming there is a Vigilante and a Serial Killer in the game, so either they withheld their abilities, or their target was saved by a doctor/roleblocker. If the latter is true, it is normal for the mod not to announce that sort of thing.
-Axle could have been killed, but his ability could have saved him/brought him back to the game. Since this is a Doctor Who game, I am guessing that such a role could be the Doctor or something akin. (Regeneration)

You know, I'm believing this more and more it gets brought up. Reread this:

After a long night, we all finally decided to get up and see if anything had happened. As we took role to see who was left, we noticed that an individual was missing. That individual was, unfortunately, Axle the Beast. We decided to take a look for him and discovered that he had been attacked in the middle of the night.

This says that he was actually attacked. Now, I would tend to believe that if a Doctor or Roleblocker role were present, Axle would never have actually been attacked or hurt during the night. The Doctor (it's going to be really annoying referring to a medical doctor and The Doctor :\) or Roleblocker would've prevented him from being hurt, and would've stopped the attacked before it happened (or healed him, but the description doesn't refer to him being healed).

Upon investigation, just as we were finding out who he really was, he woke up, barely harmed and ready to go. We all thought this strange, but we figured that we might as well continue our investigation to find out who The Master and his team really were. Lets get going.

And this....just sounds like classic Doctor Who stuff. Doctor transformations completely heal The Doctor and also change him, like with the 9th and 10th Doctor transformations. I'm not sure if David PM'd Axle of information that he changed form or some stuff like that, it would certainly help solidify the case (although prove he's Doctor if the Mafia wouldn't have figured it out with more information than us already).

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
This is exactly what I said earlier (about 1 or 2 pages back I believe). Not exactly this but something akin. David said this game would be unlike any other game of Mafia. We need to look into our roles more. We need to try and guess the possible characters who could have been assigned. It's not just about normal roles. My guess is that David could have created completely original roles just for this game. We aren't going about this completely wrong, but we're missing some details.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
This is all wibbly wobbly timey wimey (yey for quotes.) Basically, over the past few pages everyone's discussed the attempted attack on Axle and tried to figure out the roles...but does it matter? Like, yeah, there's probably some special blocker role or SK or vig or whatever but that's not important right now, maybe we should focus on finding the scum and lynching them?
I don't think No Lynch is a good idea, because then the mafia's most likely gonna kill some townie tonight and that will get us nowhere.
only i don't know who to vote for
derp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom