• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Write Things Wrong on Purpose?

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Whenever I am writing, I will always write certain things wrong on purpose. Such as "going to" is "gonna", "what are you doing" is "watcha doing", and a lot of words ending in "ing" become "in'". The reason for this? It makes my writing feel more human. I write the way people talk. This is probably because 1. I taught myself to write and 2. because I think in words. So, do you do this? Or, do you try to write everything exactly as it was taught in school?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
When I'm being formal I do my best to capitalize everything and use correct punctuation and grammar... butt when i'm being informal i tend to write things much more lazily. Also, "hepl" now comes out naturally. Thanks, Mandy <3

i always write what i say becase i i cant write if i dont say words out loud i will tell you know i am a real human

Musicfan

the shadow mage
i always write what i say becase i i cant write if i dont say words out loud i will tell you know i am a real human

Good for you? Because we have technology to waste by having robots writing on forums.

I write the way I talk most of the time except on papers.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I'm a writer, so I try to write as best as I can for my stories. Here at ZD, though, in the threads I tend to actually use words like these: hafta (have to), gonna (going to), as well as others I at times tend to come up with. I find it kinda fun to do that. See what I did there? ;)

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
It all depends. Most of the time I write formally, but I also tend to use words like "kinda" or "gonna," or "dis" instead of "this."

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Context, innit bruv. When talking on Steam/Skype, usually punctuation and capital letters fly out the window, I'm a bit of a loose cannon and don't play by the rules, but I try and type well on message boards so as not to come across as a moron, but a moron who can bash out a good semi-colon; and then of course if I'm writing for University or work I'll do my best to make sure every bit of grammar and spelling is correct and perfect. So all depends. :)

D

Deleted member 14134

I write normally most of the time but with friends I can be rather irritating as I'll blotch words and entire sentences on purpose.

Er, there's technically nothing wrong with colloquial speech when the situation calls for it.

I type in the same manner in which I'd speak in real life (if I actually spoke in real life), even in non-serious, lax environments such as internet chats. Not the biggest fan of riddling my posts with poor grammar and slang, though, but I am no stranger to colloquialisms, chief.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Sometimes. It depends on what voice I want to use when typing. Usually, I type properly, like this. With the spellings correct. But sometimes when I want to be silly, I use short forms and abbreviations when typing cuz tpyin liek dis iz fun :3 Other wise, I spell words like "want to" and "going to" as how they are supposed to be spelled.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The only thing that comes to mind is that I say "kewl" instead of "cool", if I am casually typing something.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I'm pretty much with Wolf Sage. I always try to spell properly and use good grammar and syntax and stuff, but I'll use the gonnas and the wannas and the dunnos and etc.

...Except when I'm typing for my character Luke. In which case every bit of that goes out the window, and I depend solely on phonics. Luke has an issue with speaking properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom