• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Worry About Getting Old?

Dan

Today's wonderful thread is something that's been on our mind at one stage of our life and I'm sure it's something we have thought of plenty of times, From taking a refreshing ****, washing our her in the summer breeze, walking our dog, or simply seeing others on the street, yes you know what I'm getting at, do you worry about getting old, what are your main fears of such.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't really care about getting old; every passing second is us getting older.

I think the reason why I don't care is that life is life - **** happens and it's our job to cope to it, you know?

Think about the people who have to deal with sicknesses at early ages. Well, compare that to being old. I don't think old age is worth worrying about compared to being terminally ill.

life is life - ****.
What's a "life-****"?

Misleading grammar and syntax aside, I guess you could say that I am guilty of this, or at least, I used to be. In fact, I spent the great majority of my teenage years worrying that time would just quickly pass me by while I sat around doing nothing. I imagined that, by the time I'd reach old age, I will have wasted my whole life, because I spent most of it waiting for that "right opportunity"—to make friends, build lasting relationships, accomplish something extraordinary—that never came. Moreover, I'd imagine what it would be like to die an "old, lonely, grey" wolf man and all that other clichéd, old-age stuff. It's a rather frightening, eye-opening thought, but I've gotten over it [for the most part].

"Tempus neminem manet."

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have no fears at all. When you're younger you want to become an adult and when you're an adult you look back at times you were still younger. I know plenty of people who hated to grow 20 or 30 or older but not me. Last year I entered my 40's and to me it's just a number. I don't have fears for getting older. It does surprise me how time seem to fly and how a day or week is nothing but like a second. It's over before you know it and we all will die one day

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah when I was younger around 11-12 I wanted to be a lot older and stuff but now that I am 18 rather than a few exrea perks there is no big advantage, you have a lot of expectations and responsibility...

At this moment I'd fast forward a year or so to when I am in University but aftet that ends that's ahen real life starts and in a way I am kinda scared :/ So overall I don't mind my age at the moment and I can't wait for the next 3-4 years but after that I am certainly gonna be worried. If im scared of being an adult in my mid 20's then I think the idea of Old age scares me even more.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Nope. I'd like to think that I'm prepared (sorta) and will be by the time I turn 18, prepared for the challenges life brings us. Then older beyond that? Not really. If I was worried about any part of getting old it would be the sicknesses and things that so often accompany that but whatever.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
No.

Fine, I will tell you why: It's a a road we all have to walk, so why worry about getting old if you can't do anything to stop that? Just live your days as best as you can because they are not coming back.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
No, getting old happens to everyone (so does dying). Why should I worry about something that happens to everyone in the world?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I can't say the specific process of getting older worries me, after all it is better than the alternative. However, the issue I have has more to do with what I might or might not achieve by every age-related milestone. Like I have no issue with turning 30 in a little over a year, but I do worry about potentially reaching said milestone while still single (especially when most my friends have been with their partners for years already). I don't think I'll have much issues turning 40 when that comes, either, but I'd probably have issues doing so without having a child of my own.

I honestly don't think it's age that frightens us, it's potentially running out of time...

Dan

No, getting old happens to everyone (so does dying). Why should I worry about something that happens to everyone in the world?

I don't know how to tell you this... but you haven't got long left pancake. :(
Oh and I think I'm a bit worried about being old, I mean will I have to conform and do old peoples things... Would I get so senile I'd sooner trade a game of zelda for a game of bingo!? Comon sad times ahead if you ask me. :'(

Currently? No. I'm still a few years before my prime. People warn against those teenagers who are afraid of death and aging. Well, I'm one of them. While I try to forge plans for the near future, I live in the "now" and try to make the most of the moment.

I probably won't think about aging until my mid-life crisis.

Joy

The Sexy One
I don't usually think about it, but the idea of ageing isn't a very pleasant one for me. I don't want to be old, but it's inevitable. So whatever. I should become a really annoying granny who crosses the street really slowly, steals your bus seats, complains constantly and yells at all the youngsters. That way I can have some fun.

octorok74

TETTAC
Nah, I don't worry about getting old. No reason to in my opinion. It's going to happen, so might as well welcome it into my life. And besides, getting old means you can tell stories from hen you were younger and people will think it's cool. If they stop talking on those blasted phones and care to listen to a story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom