• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Wear A Watch?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Title is pretty self explanatory here. Perhaps you can post a pic if you have a particularly nice watch you'd like to show off.

I've never really felt the need to wear a watch since always having a phone with me that can already tell me the time, but some people seem to be really into them for aesthetics, collecting, or whatever other reasons I am unaware of. Recently I've honestly been kind of tempted to try an Apple Watch, but for the reason above plus the fact that I don't need it and I might as well be throwing my money down the drain I've not made the jump.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I no longer do, but I wore one for the longest time. I stopped maybe a little over a year ago.

It was never for the aesthetic or anything. I actually wore cheap digital Wal-Mart watches. I didn't have a cell phone for the longest time, especially not in high school, so the watch was really convenient. I'd even get people asking me what time it was quite a bit. I remember once in one of my AP History classes the teacher asked everyone that wore a watch to raise their hand (don't recall why however), and I was one of the very few people that did.

I probably wouldn't mind wearing a nicer looking watch now, instead of the kinda clunky cheap ones I used to wear. But I also don't want to spend money on a watch, so I doubt I'll ever wear a nicer one. I also get eczema a lot on my hands/wrists now so it's a bit harder for me to wear them. But I do like the convenience of watches and some can look nice.

I wore a watch when I was in high school. Wasn't the fanciest watch, but it had a nice silver clock face and was pretty simple. But I lost one of the screws that fastened the band to the watch and I never got it replaced, and haven't bothered with watches now that I don't really leave the house much. When I get into the working world, I'll probably get another one. I definitely don't mind wearing a watch.

That said, I don't like digital watches and I definitely don't like the tacky look of smart watches, especially considering how much money you're spending on them for them to look like that. Only analog faces go on this wrist. :cool:

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I first read the title as "Do you hear a watch" XD
But yes, I do when I'm away from home. It's much more convenient to just look down at your wrist to see what time it is, than to pick up your phone from your pocket

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Due to not being allowed to carry a phone or having something that told the time nearby I got one when I worked for Regal, but my other 2 jobs either let me carry a phone or left me with a time keeping device so I no longer need one.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
For work i wear a nice lil pink one...when the boss dont notice cuz for some reason were not allowes...

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I have one that was gifted to me at 15, and I've been consistently wearing it ever since. Although it actually doesn't work anymore. I just haven't gotten it fixed since I wear it mostly for looks anyway. If I need to check the time I'll look at my phone.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I used to do in a long past. But because I always managed to lose it or get it broken I stopped wearing one. Now I'm so used to not wear one it feels odd to wear one. My hubby only wears one if he has to be a ref during football

Ninja

Well well well
Have an Apple Watch Series 5, 44mm in Space Gray. Love it. Always hated the idea of a smartwatch until I actually tried it a few years ago. Usually skip a couple of generations though.

I really enjoy the customization of the Apple Watch. You can change and store tons of different watch faces, and the aftermarket bands on Amazon are incredibly cheap and versatile. My watch can go from casual, to professional, to sporty in a matter of minutes, without the clutter and expense of buying new watches for a different style.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I have an old fashioned wristwatch I got for my bar mitzvah that I still wear all the time. The only time I tend to take it off (besides showering and sleeping) is when helping to transfer people I work with in and out of walkers and wheelchairs so it doesn’t catch or scrape them.

I’m looking to get an Apple Watch, or similar, but unsure how I feel about a watch that might die due to battery life.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I used to wear a cheap watch in high school.

If I were to get one now, it would be for the "professional" aesthetic. I likely would hardly ever actually use it to look at the time since I have my phone for that.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
When I was a kid, I had a cool watch where the clock was a train track and it made whistle sounds when you pressed a switch on it. It was really cool. That was the extent of my experiences with watches. I don't really care for how they look, and I have my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom