• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you want to see more of Teba, Yunobou, Riju and Sidon in BotW2?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
One of the big things that we should see in BotW2 is more character interactions. And I mean main characters, with voiced cutscenes.

While many can, and will, hope for some new, exciting characters to join the roster, the question is who of the current cast will return and what roles they will have.

Out of the four champion descendants, which one do you want to see more of? Do you want all of them to have a more prominent role? And in what way?

I'd like to see more of Riju. I think with her being so young it'd be interesting to see her grow into a leader role for the Gerudo, Urbosa has some left shoes to fill so I'd like to see her try.

Teba was meh, I think we got all out of Sidon as we could but Yonubo can sod off, he was by far the worst character in BotW and one of the worst in Zelda period IMO.

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
No. I found them all to be just as uninteresting as the champions themselves, all of them having the exact same motivations and backstory, their only difference being their rather shallow personalities.

Child Sidon was pretty cute though. I wouldn’t mind seeing another character like him.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Tbh, none of the Champion's descendants (barring Sidon, whose interactions with Link were entertaining to me) were interesting characters. I wouldn't miss them if they didn't show up in BotW 2.

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
I know that a lot of people didn't care for the Champion's Successors.

Still, it would be a shame for Nintendo to forget about them completely. I think Nintendo should try to elaborate on each of their characters and make them have a meaningful impact on the story (so long as it doesn't feel forced).

Maybe they could form a Resistance Organization similar to the one in Twilight Princess, or perhaps they each pursue some sort of goal (Sidon wanting to make a name for himself outside of the Zora, Riju wanting to wage war on the Yiga, Teba wanting to establish a new Rito colony, or Yonubo wanting to face his fears and become a warrior).

Their characters could be further developed with complications that require Link to get involved. Think back to Nabooru who needed to be defeated by Link when she was under the influence of Twinrova.

Honestly, Nintendo has nothing holding them back from fixing these characters and putting them in BotW2. (Unless they take the same route as Paper Mario)

Ninja

Well well well
I'd really like to see one of the successors ending up being a part-antagonist in the next game. It would be a welcome twist.

Sidon - Yes, only because it has more fishwaifu potential. No Mipha, no peace!
Riju - She is probably the most intriguing. I'd love to see her progress into a fierce, but compassionate leader that the Gerudo need.
Teba - On the fence, don't really mind either way, he's one of the successors that should have gotten more screen time, hell, they all should have tbh.
Yunobo - Not really. He just doesn't seem the type to be a successor. Needs more LITTLE GUYYYYY.

Kirino

Tatakae
I didn't think they were that notable in BotW, but it could be interesting to see them grow into real leaders in the sequel, so I wouldn't mind having them reappear. Riju especially given that she's the most interesting and well-developed, whereas I couldn't really care less about Yunobo.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'd love to see all of them return. Each of them have some big shoes to fill, and getting to see them do that would be really cool. I can't imagine that now, after Hyrule is getting back on its feet and Zelda and Link have been keeping in contact with all the villages, they would simply do nothing about the castle suddenly rising into the air on a giant pillar or whatever that is. I really hope they came to investigate and then get sucked into the story. Or something like that. Either way, I really liked each of them and I really want to see them grow as characters some more. The old Champions got lots of depth in the Champions Ballad, so now it's time for the new ones to get the same.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Not if they're going to be as bland and one-note as they and the other Champions were in Breath of the Wild. Zelda still hasn't that art of... just writing and developing characters. The series still seems in this mindset that characters are only for exposition and giving instructions. If they did return, I'd expect them to do exactly that and nothing else.

Probably for the better, I don't really care about any of them, but I'd still prefer if they return for a chance to be fleshed out instead of getting yet more original donut steel characters.

I'm sick of Zelda recycling old concepts over and over again. The BotW setting has a cast, let's stick with it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I could do without seeing these one dimensional characters again unless they are going to actually develop them I don't see the point besides just some familiarity. I'm not attached after the events of the first game except perhaps a little to Sidon who seemed to have a bit more interaction. I'd rather see his chonky daddy Dorephan again than him tho.

Not really. I'm almost certain most of the game will take place in some new location separated from the Hyrule Overworld.

Personally I liked Revali, Mipha, Daruk and Urbosa a lot, and feel they were wasted on BOTW's story, reducing them to plot coupons and power ups for Link. Then giving more billing to the B squad, with the Rito and Goron being so memorable that I completely forgot their names. Sidon and Riju are alright but I couldn't see any of them showing up in this new story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom