• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you want to see more multiplayer games in the Zelda series??

More Multiplayer Zelda Games?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t care

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
The title basically explains it. We already have a few multiplayer Zelda games, such as Triforce Heroes, and Four Swords. Do you want to have another Zelda game that’s not solo?

I am fine with it, as long as they make it good.

No!

No, no, no, no, no!!

At least not the way they've done it so far.

Imo FS, FSA and TFH are the worst Zelda games. They're unnecessary and awful.

Listen, Aonuma, not everyone wants to be Link. Give some more choice.

Nintendo need to full embrace all the modern features of multiplayer available to them and to drastically rethink their concept of multiplayer Zelda before they make another one.

But I'd rather them just not make another one. They're not good at making them. Stop it!

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
maybe yeah, but like spirit said, I'd rather they quit the four swords format and rework a multplayer game to be non intrusive, b/c you had to go out of your way to play multiplayer in their previous attempts, or you're stuck w/ a lackluster single player game in FSA or tri force heroes

Pen

The game is on!
I personally loved TFH as long as I had friends to play it with, which I have luckily. If you just play it with friends it's one of the most hysterically fun times one can have. It's fantastic. Another game with similar gameplay style would be neat to have on the Switch imo. :)

That said though, if Nintendo wants to try out an entirely different multiplayer Zelda game in the future (for me preferably still co-op) I'd be all for that too because I know Nintendo is good at making fun multiplayer games. ^^

Kirino

Tatakae
Not really. I prefer Zelda as a solo adventure that I can relax with, and I think that's how it works best. Even optional multiplayer games like Four Swords Adventure I just played alone and had fun with that way. That said, I wouldn't necessarily mind a multiplayer side mode in an otherwise single-player game, though I have a hard time seeing how it'd be implemented well.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I don’t have very many friends who like Zelda I can see often, so good online would be great. I wouldn’t really mind one, but they would need to rethink the design.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It depends. I think if they went the Astral Chain route and had a companion character (Akira and their sibling, for example) you could control one and a friend could control the other. That way it's optional and the game can still be singleplayer if you want it to be. I think it would need to be online co op to make the most of it, but to be honest that just screams of local multi only. I hate local multi being the only option. They would need to expand into a party system probably, and to be honest I wouldn't mind that one bit. Ys 8 had a great party system. If your friends could come online and hop in as the other characters on the field, that would be dope. I think Zelda could pull something like that off.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I'm going to say no. For me, out of the multiplayer Zelda games that exist (FS, FSA, TFH), I never had the opportunity to play Four Swords, didn't play Four Swords Adventures outside of single player and also never played Tri-Force Heroes outside of single player. Of the two I did play, they rate amongst the lowest entries in the Zelda series for me. I think some of that does come from the fact they incorporated multiplayer while also trying to keep the game accessible from a single player perspective, which results in a weaker product overall.

In general, I feel like Zelda's a series where it's always going to be at its best when it's just focused exclusively on single player. So it's really hard to want another multiplayer game because of it.

Quin

Disaster Master
I'm guessing the people that don't like the multiplayer in the past zelda games haven't actually played them with friends, because they are loads of fun with the right crowd. Probably one of the best multiplayer experiences I had, Especially FSA.
That said, no thanks. I prefer solo Zelda too and I don't have any video game friends anymore. If they really want to do it maybe as some kind of side mode of the new zelda game, like PH/ST did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom