• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do You Want to Save Anywhere, or Do You Want Specific Save Points?

Do you want to save anywhere, or do you want specific save points?

• Save anywhere, anytime, like most Zelda games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save at specific save points. like SS and ALBW

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Salem

SICK
Okay, so most Zelda games allow you save anywhere and anytime.

Two of the rest ones, ALBW and SS, you can only save at specific save points.

While MM seems to be a "hybrid" of sorts, you can save anytime, but there's the owl statues that allow you save in a different way.....

So, which save system do you prefer?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Both. Saving anytime is beautiful, but its spawning points can be funky at times. Specified save points act as reminders to save and can also be used as checkpoints, demonstrated best when some were inside Skyward Sword's dungeons. There's no reason we can't have both methods around.

Sheik

:the:
Now, I have nothing against savepoints. In Skyward Sword, they were well spread out and there was usually one nearby when you needed it.

However, I would like to be able to save anywhere... with spawn points in nice locations. I could save in the middle of wherever and later respawn in an important, easy-to-get-back-to-my-original-spot area.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
When I first played SS and saw that you could only save at the bird statues I was a little surprised. I didn't have any problem with it but it was odd and now that ALBWs has come out with the same system I still don't mind. I would prefer the option to save any where but either system is fine by me.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Either are fine with me. I've always found the ability to save anywhere more preferable, simply because I have can quickly save and get back to my game. The use of save points aren't bad either, as they subsequently dual as spawn/warp points, which are just as useful, really. I'm fine with either being in the next Zelda installment.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
To be honest, I like the statue saving system. To me, it's just that when you can save wherever, you sometimes might get somewhere, save, quit, and then reload the game and you'll be like... somewhere else. Of course that especially sucked in Ocarina of Time :P It got better with WW and TP but still, I just like knowing there's a set spot I'm coming back to

Altair

Master Assassin
I'd be fine with just save points as long as they were maybe a bit more frequent. There were a lot of times in SS where I had to get off right in the middle of a tough boss or a puzzle

Mido

Version 1
To be honest, I like the statue saving system. To me, it's just that when you can save wherever, you sometimes might get somewhere, save, quit, and then reload the game and you'll be like... somewhere else. Of course that especially sucked in Ocarina of Time :P It got better with WW and TP but still, I just like knowing there's a set spot I'm coming back to

You took the words right out of my mouth here. While I do prefer to be allowed to save anywhere that I please, as I find it rather convenient when I have to leave or something, I do think that something should be done in which a save should allow the player to restart from where he/she has saved the game.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I want to be able to save at any time, but having spawn points where you can save at is good too. I like that in MM, SS, and ALBW you could warp to a save point and then save right there, picking up where you left off. But I still would like to be able to save wherever I needed to, such as in the middle of a dungeon. Unless they have an ability like farore's wind which warps you to your exact point that you left off.

I like being able to save at anytime because I like to make sure I keep my new items or the game known I've defeated a mini boss or something.
ALBW was okay for me, but the dungeons were easier to move through. You could also transport to each point which made saving easier in my opinion.

I would like to be able to save anywhere. I don't enjoy having save points, unless it's auto-save. Even then, I would like to have both auto-save and save when I want.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Save anywhere. That's just my personal preference. I didn't mind ALBW's saving Weathercocks because there were o many and you could warp to them instantly. SS however did not have that convenience.

I want to see a Zelda game with a save feature similar to that of Pokémon where you can save your state and pick up EXACTLY from where you saved. Except I would make it so that you can't save during a boss battle, and if you save in a room in a dungeon, when you pick up you start back at where you entered that room. Other than those two exceptions, you could save and start up from your exact position.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Anywhere! I hate otherwise. We have lives, Industry, we have lives! Let us save anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom