• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Do You Want to Be Able to Upgrade the Item Meter?

Do you want to be able to upgrade the Item Meter?

• Yes, it's too little

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's fine

• I don't know/don't care

• Total voters

Salem

SICK
So since all of the items in the game will be tied to the same rechargeable item meter. Do you want it to be upgradable in the game? Although it does recharge on it's own without picking up jars, it still would be nice to be able to do more in that short amount of time it runs out.

Salem

SICK
For the record, I chose the last option :P, just wanted to know if everyone else feels the same.

If it's designed in such a way where upgrading it would break the game, then no. Otherwise, I'm game.
In what scenario would it?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Just like a Magic Meter, this Item shizzle really needs upgrading. No way in hell am I sitting with that capacity.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yes, upgrade. Why not, eh? And it'd be easier to balance it for progression and additional items, too, letting it upgrade.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Upgrades are always a plus in my eyes, a reward for putting the effort in are a great way to enhance exploration if that is needed to get an upgrade etc. However, the meter seems to fill pretty quick, so I'm not sure if there is room for an upgrade or a number of upgrades.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
You guys got to look at it this way, in A Link to the Past the Magic Jars was required to fill up the Magic Meter and even though you can use magic potions if there are no Magic Jars around, you will eventually end up using it all up. Heck even the magic medallions use a lot of Magic. And the dungeon that required the most Magic is turtle rock which required you to use a lot of Magic, if you not careful you could end up wasting it all even with magic potions. That why the good old Zelda team gave us the option to get the Magic Meter 1/2 from Mad Batter because they know the player will use a lot of Magic for the puzzles, especially turtle rock puzzles. But There is no need for a upgrade since the Meter in a link between worlds fills up quickly. Yep, its all about thinking on your feet than about Magic, should I fire a arrow or should I wait for a opening, should I use a bomb or should I use a fire rod because a bomb take to much of the stamina Meter. You get the picture.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I voted yes, but not because its too small, it seems about right for the game. But with it working as and Item/Magic meter then i dont see why all the old upgrades couldnt be there, like the one where all of the meter use is cut in half (i.e. ALttP), one to make it longer though after the last example its kind of over kill, but i still always liked having both!

And depending on what all uses the meter, say like if using your spin attack, and rolling and dashing and what not, if stuff like that uses the meter i would like an upgrade that will make it to where actual Physical attributes and actions dont use the meter, making it then strictly for Items and Magic, NOT stamina!

Triforce King said:
Yep, its all about thinking on your feet than about Magic, should I fire a arrow or should I wait for a opening, should I use a bomb or should I use a fire rod because a bomb take to much of the stamina Meter. You get the picture.

^Agreed.

I'm opposed to an item meter upgrade because if you find yourself stuck in a bad situation without the item meter being sufficiently full for the item you intend to use, you should pay for your poor decisions. The meter already replenishes quickly as is, and waiting for it to refill would add a tactical edge unseen in the top down Zeldas thus far; rather than barge in and keep poking an enemy or basis, players would have to temporarily retreat until their item meter is replenished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom