• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want the Hookshoot

jack546

The chosen one
do you want the hookshoot in ss I would but sadly it is unconfirmed:( to be in the game

jelojuice

Raging Homosapien
Yes, I think the hookshot should definitely be in SS. As FridgidBlade said it is an important item in the Zelda series. I think it is one of the items Zelda is most known for, along with bombs and arrows and so on. It would make me sad if it wasn't in SS. :'[

If some form of the Hookshot isn't in Skyward Sword, the entire Zelda fanbase will explode in anger. Aonuma is smarter than that.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I'm pretty sure it will be because it's been in nearly all the zelda games since Alttp and is definetly in the top five most famous zelda items. If we don't see the hookshot I'm sure there will be another item that will replace it but do the same job.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Well, we know the whip is in this game, and it can't do as many things as he hook shot, but it's along the same purpose. I think the whip might replace the hook shot in this game, unfortunately.

Pen

The game is on!
Yes, it has be confirmed to be a whip in Skyward Sword, and I do think that it may have about the same use as the hookshot. However, the hookshot is my favorite item of any Zelda game, so I really hope it will be in Skyward Sword!!

Kybyrian

The hookshot has been an excellent item throughout a lot of the games in the Zelda series, and we've also seen many variations of it such as the clawshot and the switch hook, all of which were very good. Personally, however, I think the hookshot is getting a bit stale. They can give it variations, sure, but it's still the same concept for the most part. I'd prefer to see something else that serves a similar purpose. Somebody mentioned the whip, and I think that it would be great if the whip took the place of the hookshot in this game. The hookshot has been an amazing item for a long time, but I think it's time to move on, at least for a little while.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think the hookshot has been overused. It has appeared in almost every game since LttP yet it has an interesting position of being one of the few pieces of technology found in Hyrule that no one complains about.

I have assumed that the whip would be the replacement in SS. And that it's function would be very similar to the grappling hook of WW. It could be a stunning weapon, give Link the capability to swing and hang from ledges, bind enemies, or remove items from enemies. like the grappling hook. Plus the Wii controls could give the player a lot more variation in how you use it other than the very typical hookshot point and shoot. With the right controls a whip could be a lot more useful.

Off the top of my head I can think of applications like stealing an enemy weapon out of it's hand, swinging travel in every forest or temple ceiling, rupee stealing from enemies, grabbing items from across the room, grabbing rocks or pots and swinging them into enemies, swinging enemies into enemies, binding an enemy arm so they cannot swing a sword at Link, grabbing and moving blocks in temples, setting off traps in a distance. If the whip is capable of half this then it will be more useful than any hookshot.

Link has explored more temples than Indiana Jones, and kill more monsters than any Belmont. A whip sounds like a perfect addition that requires no magitech to explain away like a hookshot. And it can still easily fit into the medieval setting of Zelda, more than the boomerang.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Yes. The Hookshot is must return. It has been a staple item to the series along with others such as the Boomerang, Bow and Bombs. It is also a very creative item, and very useful.

Q

quordlepleen

The hookshot was one of the best items in the entire zelda series I'd love to see it in SS. I also hope if it is in the game that you get it fairly early in the game, like the clawshot in TW.

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
Ugh...tough question.

The hookshot has definitely become a staple in the series, and I definitely wouldn't mind another appearance, but I'm not so sure it would work with Wii Motion Plus. Twist it and aim, or something? Because that would be really boring. Not to mention, this game is supposed to be earlier in the timeline, so I think that at this time the hookshot wouldn't even be invented.

In conclusion, I wouldn't mind another appearance, but I just don't see it happening.

Hookshot, clawshot, whatever...it will be in there. For those who think that the whip is replacing it think of WW with the grapple hook and hookshot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom