• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Do you want Nintendo to provide achievements and trophies?

I always thought that gamerscore should unlock some sort of small reward for your profile or something. I guess it's not worth the effort, but it would still be fun.

if you're not a trophy hunter you should be playing the game because you like the game, not because of the trophies lmao
Everyone says this whenever this topic is brought up, but who are all these people playing games they hate for achievements? They're just extra objectives to complete in game. 99% of people are only going to get all the achievements in a game if they were already enjoying it.

I got every achievement in Dark Souls and Hitman 2016. I had already played the hell out of those games, but the extra goals gave me something else to do which kept it interesting after 200+ hours. The achievements in the Spyro remakes gave me some extra play time in games that were fairly short. When ODST came out, Bungie released new achievements for Halo 3 which required playing co-op and completing difficult tasks on co-op. Getting through the frustration with my XBL buddies was fun as hell. All of those games were great already, but still benefited from achievements.

I'd be hard pressed to think of a time when achievements made a gaming experience worse. Plus sometimes you can look back at the games on your profile and be reminded of certain experiences.

I am not for or against them doing it. If I had to choose I'd say why not, as long as the notifications could be turned off for those players that don't want them.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
While not exactly necessary, I like having achievements. While I've never been a completionist of any sort, it's nice to see a notification, pop-up, and jingle letting me know that I'm a special person or whatever. It appeals to a part of my brain that craves long-term gratification.

Quin

Disaster Master
Everyone says this whenever this topic is brought up, but who are all these people playing games they hate for achievements? They're just extra objectives to complete in game. 99% of people are only going to get all the achievements in a game if they were already enjoying it.
They are there. A lot more than you think too. People even pay for non games just because it has an easy platinum. Google My name is mayo.

Anyway, no I don't want them. I rather have ingame goals and rewards rather than some thing on my profile for my E-penis.
In game sort of achievements like how Animal Crossing and Smash do them are fine too. I don't see the use of them exisiting outside the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom