• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want New Jumping Animations in SS?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
If you've ever played Majora's Mask, you might remember how Link would do these really cool frontflips and midair cartwheels if you tried to jump off certain ledges. I played MM right after Ocarina of Time (where Link only had one jumping animation), and the first time Link did a frontflip, I stared at the screen, started jumping around randomly again, all while Skull Kid was running away merrily with my Ocarina. It was just amazing to me. XD

Majora's Mask is the only Zelda game that I can remember that does this, though. The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess only had one regular, boring jumping animation. -_-; So I was wondering, since SS Link is obviously more agile than the others (vertical Spin Attacks, dashing, wall jumps...), would you like to see some cool jumping animations, too? :D

(In case you've never played Majora's Mask or don't remember the jumps, I found a video that shows some of them. It's not my video. Fast forward to about 6:15.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dlhKLxxVY0

David

But you called me here...
Yeah. New jump animations would be cool. I too remember playing MM and seeing Link do a flip and I just stared in amazement wondering why the other games couldn't do the same. So yeah. I'd LOVE new animations.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I agree with HoM (Hero of Music) new jumping animations would be cool I also like the MM frontflips and such. So yeah I like the idea new jumping animations but they should still throw in the classic jump every once in awhile because, that would be awesome.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I really don't see new jump animations as a necessity, not that it wouldn't be nice. We have to remember that Link is not a ninja lol...

As for TP only having one jump animation, not true. If you wan't to get technical about it (which I always do) Link had two different animations when he jumped. One that was the animation we are all so familar with and another was a dive.

a new jump animation would be cool, but it wouldn't make much sense. think about it, the only reason MM link could do that is because he had experience from OoT, i can see why they got rid of them, link is supposed to be an average kid. average kids don't do front flips and side flips whenever they jump.

I actually think that it is a very cool jump animation, the one featured in MM. It is interesting that other Links, like the one in TP, which should be more agile, does not have a flashy jump animation, instead it features a more standard jump animation. It would be cool if Link had a new jump animation according to the abilities he gain. At first he has a normal jump animation, but the further he improves his abilities he becomes more agile and his movements more impressive. I think that that would be a nice detail.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
If you are aware of Link's new flip attacks, then you would definitely think that they will give him jump animations.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I really don't see new jump animations as a necessity, not that it wouldn't be nice. We have to remember that Link is not a ninja lol...

As for TP only having one jump animation, not true. If you wan't to get technical about it (which I always do) Link had two different animations when he jumped. One that was the animation we are all so familar with and another was a dive.

Yes, yes, I know. I just didn't want to say anything because it didn't really matter lol. Wolf Link's jump kinda counted as another type of jump, so that makes three. And if you count Midna's extra jumping ability, there's four in Twilight Princess.

Zora Link from MM also had a dive animation, though.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I personally don't think it's necessary. Sure, it'd be fun to have, but I really don't think it's a necessity. They still have to fix the trees and overall fine tune everything. Adding new jumping animations should be at the bottom of their priorities right now.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
It does look interesting, but it would look strange for this type of graphics if you ask me.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Yesh! Those flips in MM were a giant slice of awesomeness! I love those!

I wouldn't want such complicated flips and whatnot in SS though, but maybe a little variety in how he jumps. Overall though, I don't really care if they implement it in the game or not. It's such a small detail amongst other things. Meh.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Jump animations were cool, but it's not something I really pay attention to. It be interesting to see them in SS, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed for them, nor I am hoping for them.

Yeah, maybe it'd be cool, but like others said, I think adding more jumping animations should be Nintendo's last priority. Actually, this must have been the reason for these cool jumps to be added in the game. MM's was made using the engine of OoT, this way the group must have had a lot of free time to add more stuff to the game, since the hard work was already done.

David

But you called me here...
Yeah, maybe it'd be cool, but like others said, I think adding more jumping animations should be Nintendo's last priority. Actually, this must have been the reason for these cool jumps to be added in the game. MM's was made using the engine of OoT, this way the group must have had a lot of free time to add more stuff to the game, since the hard work was already done.

You bring up a good point. Maybe if they use the same engine in Skyward Sword for the next Zelda game, I can imagine that they will probably add a bunch of cool stuff that Link can do. I would love to see new jump animations, but I feel like they are unnecessary for Skyward Sword. I would rather have an awesome gameplay experience rather than a bunch of cool stuff with no awesome gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom