• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Do You Want More Transforming Characters in the Future?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
Something that was featured in Melee and Brawl was the addition of characters who could transform, like Zelda into Sheik, Samus into Zero Suit Samus, and Pokémon Trainer being able to swap between Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.

In Smash 4, however, all transformations were cut. Sheik and Zero Suit Samus became their own playable characters and Pokémon Trainer was removed completely.

With Smash Ultimate bringing back every past fighter, Pokémon Trainer returned and brought with it transformations once again.

I personally really enjoy the dynamic of a three-in-one featuring a light, medium, and heavy fighter and would like to see a similar weight combination in a transforming character in the future.

What about you? Is a transforming character a good and unique idea for Smash or should the likes of Pokémon Trainer remain a relic of the past?

I dont like or want more transforming characters.

Back when Zelda would become Sheik I honestly didnt enjoy playing as Sheik and since i would main Zelda i gave up on down special moves.

Even now i honestly go full matches most of the time without using down special because i am so used to it doing things i dont like.

Even though Zelda has her Phantom now I still forget to use it.

There's no guarantee you'll enjoy playing with both fighters and I've found this to be the case for me.

Last edited:
Back when Zelda would become Sheik I honestly didnt enjoy playing as Sheik and since i would main Zelda i gave up on down special moves.
I'm the exact same except I liked Shiek in Melee. Having Zelda there was a waste. I don't think anyone wanted to play as both characters in the one match. Best to separate them so they can have a full move set.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I was never fond of it. Just like @Spirit, I would avoid using Sheik in Brawl because of this. I still don't like how Sheik plays at all, so having them separate is really good for me because now I can completely avoid using Sheik. I'd prefer they keep them separate from now on, unless its a fighter that transforms into a different version of themselves similar to some of the final smashes in 4. That could be interesting. But, the way Zelda and Sheik used to be is not something I like at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom