• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want More Link's Crossbow Training?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
For what it was, Link's Crossbow Training was a great little minigame. I know there was no overall Zeldaesque story to it, and no real timeline placement or revelations, but for the price it was a great game.

My question is, do you want to see a sequel somewhere down the line? Would you want it to be a fully-fleshed out game, or jsut another little budget-priced minigame collection?

I personally would love to see more, and have a more in-depth title. I liked the stationary target shooting as warm up, but the 3rd person free-roaming action levels were the best. I'd love to see more goal-oriented levels in the 3rd person action style, and longer levels at that.

I also think a sequel would benefit from online leader boards for scores. I have often seen LCB Youtube videos of people claiming world records when I have a higher score on my game. I think online rankings would be a great way to really see who's on top, and would be a great way to get people to come back to the title to try and beat scores.

If the game were fleshed out enough, I would pay a heftier price for it. I loved the $20 price tag with a peripheral, but I'd gladly pay $35 or so for a more robust title. I don't really know if the full $50 pricetag of most Wii games could be warranted though unless there's somewhere around 20 or more hours of gameplay involved.

So, what do you think? Have you had your fill of the crossbow, or would you like to see more?

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I'd like to see more. I really loved the original, but I always thought it was going to go somewhere and it never did. I'd like to see it turn in to a full out platformer. With enemies, and actual difficulty involved. Longer 10 minute levels that take effort and thought. Maybe even temples with unlockable different types of arrows for different functions. I would also like to see a feature that allowed you to transfer your data over to the new Zelda Wii tittle, and perhaps completeing Link's Crossbow Training 2 would allow you to use the Light Arrows or something similar in Zelda Wii.

However, I wouldn't like it to be taken any further. It shouldn't turn into a full fledged tittle with sequels and prequels and spin-offs and such. I think one more Crossbow Training would be all we needed, and only because we didn't get enough for the first. I also wouldn't like it to turn into a proper game with other useable items like a sword and bombs and such. The clue is in the name Link's Crossbow Trainig.

Now, speaking of names. I'd like something like, Link's Advanced Crossbow Training.

I really don't want any more Zelda games like Link's Crossbow Training.

Link's Crossbow Training was a gimmick game that was created to promote the Wii Zapper.
I would rather have Nintendo avoid making unnecessary Zelda spinoffs.
Spinoffs have hurt the Mario series, and have overexpose the characters, and I'd hate to see the same thing happen to the Zelda series.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I didn't like Link's crossbow training too much, so I don't need another game. LCT had no real challenge and I don't see the fun of destroying wooden dart boards with arrows.

I rather have a full fleshed new Zelda title which has a minigame that looks like the free roaming levels of Link's Crossbow training.

Halo siera 117

Eh.... senior member?
I personaly didn't like links crossbow training that much, although I would like to see a more advanced sequle and make it a like longer but not like a full wii game just a sequle thats worth more than its predasesors.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I've never been a big fan of spin-off games, and that holds true for Link's Crossbow Training. It's an okay game, but it's not really my type of game. I didn't buy the game, and I don't think I'd buy another game like it. Games like LCT have never captured my attention for more than a few hours, I'm more partial to games with in-depth storylines and variety rather than just arcade-style point goals.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I love your idea. The thought had never really crossed my mind until now. I think that a souped-up sequel would rock.

You know, maybe if they made it into a hunting style game, similar to the Carnivores games, where you're hunting the enemies whilst they're hunting you. I wasn't a huge fan of the control scheme for LCT, but with a slight revamp, it could be an awesome game.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
It wasn't the greatest Zelda spin-off, but it was pretty nice. I mean, if they made a WiiWare Zelda, this is what it should be. Well, if they remade it with a minor plot, actual multiplayer (Not just turn-based high score battle), and higher difficulty, then I'd be happy. I liked how they made bosses from the system (If only every other FPS could do that).

The Ranger mode was kinda nice, and if they could base an actual mini-game (Not as in an ingame minigame, but a full blown miniature game), that would go nice. Perhaps still use the traditional stuff like puzzles and such. I mean, you could have switch combinations and such to progress, and perhaps some nice bosses. I'm not a fan of having Zelda an FPS, but this would be nice if they just used the 3rd person perspective and kept the crossbow.

The idea for different arrows is pretty nice. Perhaps they could also go for an A Link to the Past feel, in which you can get different tunics that would allow for less damage. Perhaps they could use the heart system, and use points for multiplayer. Like I said, I'm not up for an all-out Zelda FPS, but Crossbow Training was pretty nice. Perhaps a WiiWare game in which he saves Hyrule with it (A small quest, not an all out one) would work out. No blood and gore, please.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
How is LCT? I saw at Target today for 25$ and I was unsure so I didn't buy it. I'm thinking, since I'm starting from game one and working my way up, by the tie I get to TP maybe then by LCT and it might be cheaper then.

However, if I never bought this game, would I be missing anything heart-throbbing, classic-zelda-type-feeling-of-a-game?

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
How is LCT? I saw at Target today for 25$ and I was unsure so I didn't buy it. I'm thinking, since I'm starting from game one and working my way up, by the tie I get to TP maybe then by LCT and it might be cheaper then.

However, if I never bought this game, would I be missing anything heart-throbbing, classic-zelda-type-feeling-of-a-game?

No tbh. I really liked the game, but I can't lie, it's deffinitely nothing un-missable. What it's good for, is if you have 10 or 20 minutes to spare and you just need a quick Zelda injection. LCT is perfect for that. Also, if you just need a little top up between games, but really, nothing major. It's a good game, but it's short and storyless.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
Yeah, I don't own any of the spin offs.. but I'm gonna get this one.. since it's a bundle...

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I loved Link's Crossbow Training, but I see no need for another one. It would be cool, but I don't think it would be good for Zelda. Too many spin-offs can just cause a lot of arguments. =/

mewtwolord

Hello World
Nah I think Nintendo would be pushing it crossbow training was ok.But a game out of it would be like a 1st person shooter which might kill the series.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Hehehehe... I had actually thought up a theory for a new game involving a crossbow as link's main weapon and tool. he would still have the sword, of course, but his one main item would be a special crossbow. The items in the dungeons would be different arrows, like a dynamite arrow (to replace bombs), a grapple arrow (hook/clawshot), and others. he could get upgrades to his regular arrows as well, like silver and gold arrows to do more damage, and eventually, a magic arrow that returns to its' quiver. Also, he could get a second crossbow, so that he could do combonations of arrows to solve puzzles, like this scenario: link needs to shoot a weighted arrow onto a switch to open a doorway, but it is on a ledge too high up, because the weighted arrow cannot shoot very far. So, link shoots a grapple arrow into the ceiling, winds himself up, and shoots a weighted arrow onto the switch. i like the idea, at least.;)

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Yes I loved that game I just thought it was to short and if they make a new one thay nee d to make more of the levels where you have to walk and shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom