• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do you want every new zelda game to be open world?

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Do you want every zelda game to be open world or just this one? I feel that every future zelda game should be open world like the original but some may have different opinion.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think they need to be truly open world as in seamless open world. I think more along the lines of Dragon Age Inquisition or Xenoblade X with large separated areas which total a world size bigger than what would be achieved by having a singular open world.

I think it depends on how Zelda U turns out. If they make it work I think all console Zelda games (Zelda NX?) will be open-world and handheld will be like previous games.

Hard to say, since the game isn't out yet. I don't care if any Zelda game is linear or open-world nowadays, but if they hit the nail on the head with Zelda Wii U, then absolutely.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I don't think they need to be truly open world as in seamless open world. I think more along the lines of Dragon Age Inquisition or Xenoblade X with large separated areas which total a world size bigger than what would be achieved by having a singular open world.
Xenoblade X is one big seamless world. There are no loading screens between areas.

But no. I would like to see a mix of linearity, small worlds to explore, and open world. This will allow the most experimentation for Zelda as a whole, and that will give everyone something they like.

I would really like a story that leads you through a world that is also exploreable. Cut the world into some zones, each with it's own storyline and fill the rest with exploreable content.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Go big or go home, and that is especially true for games nowadays. There comes a point when when a world gets too big it's overwhelming, but I think Zelda games should be open world, and have content and lands to explore all across the map. It makes the game more interesting and fun, especially when riding around on your horse.

Go big or go home, and that is especially true for games nowadays. There comes a point when when a world gets too big it's overwhelming, but I think Zelda games should be open world, and have content and lands to explore all across the map. It makes the game more interesting and fun, especially when riding around on your horse.
Well, there will always be a point where the world gets way to big. This forces the developer to make the exploreable content repetitive, since there will never be enough time to make it all unique. I think Zelda WII U shouldn't go for as big as possible. I would rather see them make a world that is a bit smaller but feels natural and has unique content to it. So it really feels like it is worth the effort to explore something.

I'm fine with future games being open world, but I really don't want to see each game use the exact same open world formula. Case in point, Ubisoft's style of open world really didn't seem too bad the first time around. Then they copy pasted it to every game and every franchise they made. I'd rather not see Nintendo take the same approach with whatever kind of open world we get out of Zelda U.

Not necessarily. The open world fad-- it's hardly a fad; trend? era?-- will die out in time, new technology will allow for new, innovative experiences which might not be suited to an open world style of play.

Besides, let's see how Zelda U turns out first.

I think, now that ZeldaU is going open world and with consoles as powerful as they are now and will be in the future, that all home console Zelda games will be open world.

It'd be an odd regression to go back to what we have now.
Saying that though, SS felt like a regression after WW and TP, so I guess there'll still be instalments that miss the mark entirely.

Hell, ZeldaU might miss the mark. We dont know enough yet.

Salem

SICK
Stick with open worlds. except for multiplayer ones like FSA, unless they can pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom