• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you want BotW2 to use the same DLC practice as BotW?

Nintendo have been doubling down on DLC and paid subscriptions recently, and BotW was the first 3D Zelda to get substantial post release content in the form of a two part season pass.

As well as the Master Trials in the first pack, the second pack presented us with more story to flesh out BotW's world and characters.

Aonuma has already confirmed that BotW2 will have DLC, but would you like to see the same approach again with a two part season pass or would you like something different?

Would you also prefer the DLC to have additional story content or do you want all the story content to be present in the base game rather than DLC?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I loved the champions ballad. Really loved, almost more than the main story. I would say yes, please, to another DLC that followed the 'more story, a new dungeon' template as TCB. I loved master trials too. I thought some of the extra costumes were a bit unnecessary tho.

But for BotW2, if they could just repeat the same DLC practice, I would be all for it. If they want to do something different, I think I would be down for something like a 'new area' DLC where something like Eventide would open up.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Absolutely not.

Master Mode, BotW's version of hard mode, should have been included in the game from the start. Charging for extra difficulties is stupid bull****. Champion's Ballad was a dull trudge through loosely connected memories that did nothing to expand upon the game's story.

The only part of the DLC I enjoyed was Master Trials, and those definitely weren't worth $20. If BotW 2 wants me to shovel out for DLC, there needs to be something more substantial and quality to it.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
if the dlc was free, then we would definitely appreciate it. My friend was pretty pissed off and he didnt get the DLC . I do not know if the master cycle zero was really worth it. especially after completing the game.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Considering the DLC added literally nothing of value and in the case of Champions ballad gave you the bike, something that's completely useless as horses exist i'd say i'd rather they actually do something useful for the next game, Course it's nintendo so they won't as they dislike cocking up their "story" with additional stuff that might break it.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Here is the reality of the situation, for me:

I consider the Smash Bros fighter pass (5 characters, 5 stages, and 100s of songs for 20 bucks) to be the lowest I will go as far as content per dollar. The best DLC I've ever seen is a tie: Bloodborne's The Old Hunters adding basically half an entire game plus multiplying the enjoyment of the existing game with lore and weapons, and Mario Kart 8 DLC adding literally half a game (4 grand prix when the base game only had 8). Breath of the wild is somewhere in the middle, adding a good chunk of lore and combat stuff, plus many neat features like the teleporting horse armor and Trial of the Sword.

I would get a potential BotW 2 DLC pass if it was the same format as the current for breath of the wild, with some features, maybe a bonus dungeon, and extra story, and I would be fine with it. HOWEVER, I really hope it's an "Old Hunters" style DLC, with multiple areas, dungeons, weapons, enemy types, and critical story expansion that makes the base game even better.

Quin

Disaster Master
Seeing as BOTW DLC added more stuff to enhance the base game (aka something that should not be paid dlc)instead of actually creating more unique content, no.
I also don't want to see a season pass again.

Well, I feel like I got some mileage out of the Trials DLC but I was pretty deeply disappointed by 95% of the Ballad stuff. Basically that last dungeon and boss were amazing and the rest of it was pretty much repetitive trash. Like, their big idea for more content was to make you re-fight bosses that were already incredibly uninspired and boring. That being said, I don't even really know if I can compare them because I haven't played BotW2 yet so I don't know what it has. Which means I can't really tell you what it needs added to it. But here's hoping that the main game gives us all the story we could want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom