• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you want BOTW2 to have some LAHD bosses?

Like my first play through, bosses are really fun when you know the weakness, like face boss just drop bombs, but the final boss only took me like 3 hours to do so all of them are fun, Gannon is to typical, like he is always weak to the light arrows, the master sword, or both, they should switch it up!

Do you mean like actual recycled boss designs/concepts from LA Switch? Or the classic boss mechanic of their weaknesses?

No to the former, as LA's bosses aren't really too memorable, I don't think. There have been a few classic bosses that have gotten some love in newer titles (PH's Gleeok is my love, honestly), but even those were mechanically overhauled to make them more interesting to modern Zelda. For the latter thing, maybe. BotW's combat was really non-restrictive in how you could approach a fight, but this was achieved at the expense of typical combat strategy. While I do think they should continue to acknowledge there being multiple ways to overcome a trial or bossfight, bringing back general boss weaknesses could be nice. Hyrule Warriors did something like that, where certain weapons would trigger the weakness meter faster.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I don't think any boss should have only a specific item or technique that they're vulnerable to. That sort of thing stifles any creative approach someone could take to the fight.

Not really, I'd much prefer if they actually put some effort into making good new bosses. Although, I'd certainly take that over Ganon, but with X powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom