• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you want BotW2 to have as much story as Age of Calamity?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
So Age of Calamity is released and it's a fairly story heavy game. It was marketed as such, with a lot of emphasis on cutscenes in the trailers, and the net product certainly delivered.

So where do you want Breath of the Wild 2 to stand in terms of story? The original Breath of the Wild didn't have much at all, as it heavily prioritized gameplay. Granted, Breath of the Wild 2 will do the same, but that doesn't say that it couldn't fit more story into the mold as well.

I believe we've had threads about how much story you want there to be, but now that Age of Calamity is out, I figured it would be interesting with a comparison.

I'd love for BotW2 to have as much story content as AoC and more. I play games for their story and Zelda has almost always cheaper onlut on that aspect.

BotW didn't have nearly enough story. With BotW2 being a direct sequel and reusing the same world they better use some of their time on the story this time around.

I'd also like AoC to not be mentioned ever because its story is a non-canon piece of a fanfiction l crap that I could have dealt with were it not marketed as something else.

I want more lore, I want more character interaction and involvement. I want things to happen and to mean something in BotW2.

AoC isn't a very long game and Zelda could take tens of hours more. I want to feel compelled to push forward via more than just exploration.

I just really doubt Aonuma and the gang can pull it off.

Quin

Disaster Master
Story as in the game is riddled with cutscenes with bad voice acting that take you out of the gameplay and make it more of a movie? No thanks
Story as in environmental story telling so you can piece together the story yourself through exploration and gameplay? Yeah, I would like that.

that’d be nice. i wonder if there’s a way they can merge a bigger story with the freedom of BOTW but if they can’t and they have to sacrifice the story for it then so be it. the flexibility in being able to do what you want when you want is what separates BOTW from the rest and i feel like what they’re going for moving forward

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom