• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you want bosses to have their own identites in BotW2?

In BotW, the bosses we fought to progress the story were all Blight Ganons. They all had a similar style and shape to them and even Calamity Ganon himself literally shared their unique elements.

In BotW2 would you like to see more bosses like the Bought Ganons that all had a simialr style, or do you want more traditional bosses with their own individual identites?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Absolutely.

If they're gonna improve on aspects that got compromised in BotW - such as dungeons - then they need something to do with bosses in the new game.

Give me a huge, fiery dragon. A scorpion that dwells underground. Some kind of sea snake that bursts out of Lake Hylia. A gigantic, four-legged creature, not unlike Vah Naboris, that roams the world. Heck, give them backstory, like the scorpion being agitated when Bokoblins stole it's eggs, or some kind of Darknut extraordinaire that is Ganondorf's personal guard.

Traditional bosses >>>>>> blight ganons.

It's very obvious, individual design, a more fitting theme for a dungeon - all blight ganons did not have that and that's why, they were very lame for dungeon bosses (it's not like the bosses are the only issue about the divine beasts anyway).

Although I think that the dungeon bosses should be more individual like the other traditional bosses but imo they have to be difficult as well, otherwise you would have something like Morpheel... Extremely dangerous looking giant fish, extremely impressive design as well but the performance of this boss was an utter joke. You basically swam on its back, fired your clawshot at the eye, sliced it 3x and the boss was done for. IIRC, the boss itself has only one attack animation in which it sucks you up if you are at the front of this beast but that's it. Very disappointing, unfortunately.

Therefore, bosses do not only need a very impressive and individual design - like other traditional Zelda bosses - but they also have to be a challence, otherwise it'd be hella boring imo.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
While the Blights were aesthetically far too similar for me, they were also the best boss design in the series.

There's been this unfortunate shift in boss design ever since the Zelda series shifted into 3D. Rather than an actual boss, bosses are designed to be simplistic puzzles wearing a scary mask. You pull out the dungeon item you received twenty minutes ago, stun the boss in its big obvious weak point, and strike it with your sword.

Usually in patterns of three.

That isn't a boss fight. A boss should be designed to kill you. It should be a test of your combat skills. A boss that isn't trying to kill you isn't a boss, it's just a doormat.

Absolutely. In fact, with all the fancy new abilities BotW introduced, there's really no excuse to not be creative with the bosses, whether in design or strategy.

I'm positive BotW2 will get it right though; they need to, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom