• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want Another Game with Epona?

jack546

The chosen one
Am I the only one who misses epona? The last three games have either been a game which travels by train or steamboat or loftwing do you want to see Epona again?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
If they ever have Link in large areas of open land again, I think they'd be fools to not have Epona back. I'd love to see some expansion on the horseback combat introduced in Twilight Princess as well.

Of course! I think a lot of people love Epona, and I know that I would absolutely like to see her in another game. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't include her in future games, although it's true that not every game needs her in it and it's a good idea to give the horse a rest every now and then. So, while I've enjoyed the last few games without her, and don't think she's absolutely necessary for each installment, I think it would be great to see our Epona again soon in some future title. <3

I've always deemed Epona to be Link's sole legitimate steed throughout the course of the Zelda franchise. She served as a great companion and cornerstone i such epics as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, the former of which is my favorite Zelda game of all time. Sorry King of Red Lions and Crimson Loftwing, horse travel has been, is, and always will be the most convenient, satisfying, and adventurous way to traverse the Zelda universe.

I think it's been refreshing to have some different modes of transport for the past few years, but I do believe Zelda Wii U should see the return of Epona, as with the return of Hyrule (not including unformed Hyrule and New Hyrule). I, personally would like to see Epona make an appearance on the "Link Fails" timeline, as she is not in that timeline yet at all.

If it had a large overworld, which would take a long time to walk, then yes.
However, if it were similar to a Skyward sword then no.

I love Epona, and Malon too! The lon lon ranch needs to come back. (and pretty much all the universe of ocarina of time, it would be nice to have a game in the same timeline that follows these stories)

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
Epona is such a small character in the Legend of Zelda, but she one of the few forms of transportation that has a proper name. I feel like she should definitely return as a character and main form of transportation. She is so realistic, and can fit in a 2D or 3D world with no problems. Nintendo could even make her like a base where Link can keep his spare items. She provides a great link for Link and whatever female character originally owns or cares for Epona (like Ilia and Malon).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom