• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Want ALBW's Item Meter Be Implemented for Future Zelda Games?

Do you want ALBW's item meter be implemented for future Zelda games?

• Yes, for all items

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but only for items that have a limited quantity(bombs, arrows, magic etc)

• Yes but only for magic items

• No.

• Total voters

Salem

SICK
I liked ALBW's item meter, it reduced the need to go out of your way and pick up more ammo and magic for items that you need to complete dungeons and puzzles. Not only that, it solves the opposite problem, having too much bows and bombs and getting them from chests.

What do you guys thing?

Last edited:

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I thought I wasn't going to like the item gauge but it ended up not being as bad as I thought. It was nice never running out of items. But I don't think I would care for it on the console games. Besides it made sense that they didn't need items in ALBW because Ravio sold/rent you his items so I just assumed they were magic and generated their own materials, so it made sense storywise. That is kind of important to me. If they do it again they would have to have another reason for the items to be magic like that.

I wouldn't mind seeing it return, provided it still adds to the overall gameplay in some way in the absence of the wall-merging mechanic, which is what really made the item meter interesting in my opinion.

Salem

SICK
Some of you are saying that it rather be implemented on handhelds rather than consoles, why?

Besides it made sense that they didn't need items in ALBW because Ravio sold/rent you his items so I just assumed they were magic and generated their own materials, so it made sense storywise. That is kind of important to me. If they do it again they would have to have another reason for the items to be magic like that.
I don't recall they ever said why Link never ran out of items that he bought from Ravio, so even if it was done in a console game, they can still say it's "magic" and be done with it.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Seriously, we can find arrows, bombs, etc by cutting grass - I don't see that as more realistic than respawning arrows, bombs, etc...

I voted "Yes, but only for magic items."

I'm going to be 100% honest here. The magic meter (edit: ok it was an "item meter" but still) should not work against things that don't require magic such as arrows, bombs etc. I would rather have to buy/look for arrows than have an unlimited amount I can only use for a few seconds. I found it absolutely stupid. It's like stamina from SS. Granted, I have never played SS but I have watched walkthroughs and you can only run for a limited time before your out of breath.

I do not want to see an item meter in any game ever again. I only want to see a magic meter that works with items that actually require magic.

Also, having unlimited items makes it feel less challenging.

Last edited:

HeroofScotland

The Anti-Social Kid
Only for magic items.
One cool thing I like to do in Zelda is preparing for a dungeon, but in ALBW the only thing I needed to do was re-stock my potions and fairies which kinda deminished the value of rupies, even if you needed them to rent/buy items.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I did enjoy it and I thought it was a very interesting concept, but if Nintendo used it again it would feel to me that they would just be trying to ride off of the accomplishments of ALBW. I'd want to only see a meter like that for magic related items.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I actually like going out into the overworld and scavenging for items, it adds that extra sense of resource management to the overall combat tactics that I enjoy. Having regenerating items felt just kinda weird to me, although I totally understand why they did that for a handheld game.

However, I DON'T enjoy having to search for magic bottles to fill my meter. In that regard having a regenerating magic bar is much more fun, I can use my magic items and spells much more liberally than before and in general makes combat more fun.

Salem

SICK
One question, directed to all of you, when you vote the third option, do you mean a regenerating meter as in ALBW? Or a traditional magic meter as in filling it up with magic bottles and stuff?

Fig

The Altruist
After playing A Link Between Worlds, I really would like to see the item meter be implemented into a future Zelda game, perhaps in the next handheld Zelda title, though I could really easily this work so efficiently in the upcoming title that is Zelda Wii U. It really made the game more fluent and I didn't have to either farm for rupees and pay the merchants for more bombs or cut down patches of grass or enemies and hope that a few bombs may come out of it. I just had to simply wait for no more than a few seconds for the meter to charge and I will have my arsenal of bombs, arrows, magic, or any item that used the item meter for its usage. That really made ALBW feel like such a polished game. It would be nice to see the item meter return for Wii U, but I would be fine if it could be implemented in future Zelda titles as well! ^^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom