• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Your Name or Link's?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I always do LINK. In all caps cuz it just feels more classic and mroe into the story. Sometimes Link, and sometimes on playthroughs after the first one or two i'll do something silly like **** or asshat

Keeseman

Smash is Life
When I first played Ocarina, I used my own name, in order to create my own file on my cousin's N64. Nowadays, in any Zelda game, I use my Elvish name.

Yes, Elvish. As in Sindarin or Quenya- Lord of the Rings Elvish. Yes, I can speak some Sindarin.

Anyway, that's always for my first playthrough. On my second, I choose to use "Link", just to see what it feels like to actually play as Link. And yes, there is a difference.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I sometimes use my name, though I usually just keep it as Link. Once I'm familiar with the dialogue in the game, I find it fun to change his name to something ridiculous. :P

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I always use some fun name, have a long list of names used.. but the most common ones would be; Ratface, Furiouspete, Stupid and some other ones that will get censored.. :rolleyes:
When I was a kid I would always name the file after myself but it got boring about 4 years ago so I just did these kinds of names for the lolZ.

bunny

birb overlord
I always always always use Link's name. I am so unoriginal... To be honest though, I think it's because 1) I am a girl, so using my name for Link would just be awkward, and 2) I prefer to use his official name just... 'cause I like official stuff.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
When I first played through the games, I used my own name. TWW, PH, TP, OoT, MM, and ALttP all use my name. But for the rest and any (okay, most) subsequent files after that, I use Link. It's awkward seeing my name on the game now.

My sister loves to use the weirdest things, though. She's named herself Bubbles and Doggy and all sorts of strange things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom