• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Your Name or Link's?

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
Usually I peak my name (Yotam, for all who didn't know), but sometimes like in OoT and I think OoA I use the name Link.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
I always use the name "Link" for every first try at a Zelda Game.
And I just use my real names for the 100% quests. Though, I have only finished Minish Cap 100% because of how small the overworld is. :lol:

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Since my name is Courtney, I've only named him that once. Otherwise I almost always name him Link. But sometimes I've named him Zelda, and one time PO-TA-TO.

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
Most of the time I just go with Link. I have to admit that I have used a fair share of "naughty" words for his name. Lulz did ensue whenever that happened.

I always use "Link" in my first playthrough of a game, and then usually use my name on other files (like when I'm doing 3 Heart Challenges or whatever) just to differentiate between the original and other files.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well, I tend to use either my name or my username, "Knowlee", "Knowls", or "Know"; most of the time though I use "Knowlee". As for using Link's name, I do use it, but it's very rare. The last time I think I used that name was probably on TP which was after I beat the game a couple of times and got bored of using the same name.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I always use Link. Having a female name, it would be quite awkward to use my name. =P
However, when I was a kid my mom loved playing Zelda, so she made her own file on OoT. Instead of Link she put in "MOMMY."
:lol:
I laughed whatever I saw her play.
Needless to say, the end of the game was quite hilarious.
"CURSE YOU...ZELDA!
CURSE YOU...SAGES!!
CAUSE YOU...MOMMY!"

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
I always use Link. Having a female name, it would be quite awkward to use my name. =P
However, when I was a kid my mom loved playing Zelda, so she made her own file on OoT. Instead of Link she put in "MOMMY."
"CURSE YOU...ZELDA!
CURSE YOU...SAGES!!
CAUSE YOU...MOMMY!"

Hahahaha Dang.
Makes me laugh.

I've always used J Oh as a name for games, (high scores are always 3 letters:p) I'm just use to it now.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I've actually done this a lot, but I haven't noticed it until now. Usually, on my first time through the game, I name myself Dr3W. But on my second run through, I usually name myself Link. Weird, huh?

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
Recently I've used Link, but in the past I used my own name, and others just for fun.
But I do have some fun with names, like in PH I started a new game just so I could call myself Linebeck, cuz it's fun when he says it's a wierd name...

Shyell

On a rocketship to Mars!
"CURSE YOU...ZELDA!
CURSE YOU...SAGES!!
CAUSE YOU...MOMMY!"
This made my night. :lol:

I used to name him Link almost all the time, although I've also used the name Din. I kept getting confused when they talked about the goddesses though and started over as Link lol.
Now, I almost always use the name Jimmy, because a) that's an awesome name and b) I'm obsessed with Green Day (no negative comments please :P ) and in American Idiot, there's a character called St. Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom