• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Your Name or Link's?

Austin

Austin
Just an interesting thought I had, and I was wondering what people did more. To be a little bit clearer, I'm refering to the fact that at the beginning of every Zelda game you're asked to input a name. In most titles, this is what the characters will refer to you as. My question is, do you put your name in, or do you just go with the default name of Link?

Personally, I always use my name, unless the letter limit is less the six letters (which is intensely annoying....)

Z

Zora

I do both depending on how im feeling, sometimes its is a random word. here are some names ive used. Link, Link 3, Link 99, B4DARK, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Din Akera

Sniper
I usually use Link. THough once I titled it 'Zelda' in OoT simply for the scene where Zelda (the character) says the line about your name sounding somehow familiar. lol. I know, totally pointless. :P

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
It depends upon my mood.

I did my first Twilight Princess run as "Shadsie" because I figured that I'd fail so much during that first run that I didn't want to disgrace the fine name of Link. My second run, I used "Link," letting the character be under his own name. My third, incomplete run, I'm "Shadsie" again on another chip.

In doing OoT/Master Quest and MM for the first times, I decided that the Hero of Time should have his own name, so I used Link. I've recently started a new MM file under Shadsie.

Oracles -- I first did an Ages-->Seasons run as the great hero "Shads" (character limit) and then did a Seasons-->Ages run as "Link."

I used to imput "Zelda" sometimes on the original LoZ to fast forward to the second quest.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Link's name is always appropriate for me. I envision him as his own character instead of mine, so I just find it wierd whenever I try to write my own name in place of his.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Link's name is always appropriate for me. I envision him as his own character instead of mine, so I just find it wierd whenever I try to write my own name in place of his.
Qft. These are my exact feelings towards the matter. Although, the first time I played a Zelda game I did use my own name.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I usually use my own name, but if I play a game a second time I use Link's name. A friend of mine and myself has a "quest" where we are playing through all of the games in the timeline order that we believe is correct. Every time we play a game we name our character Quest to portray that we are on a quest to see how well our timeline works.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I use my nicknames, sometimes my name. Not only with the WW but also with other games that allow you to change your name. Looks funny but I dunno, I like it that way. :)

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
I always use Links name, except for once when I got the idea to call him Dark. It doesn't seem right to use my name. Although in TP I named Epona Dayimano(something like that.)

On a related note I never use my real name for anything in video games. Like in pokemon I'm always named Shean or Sean.

S

soulreapersheik

i always do my name so i feel the characters in the game are talking to ME

This is my first post after long months of laziness and high school! :D

Anyway, when I play games, I use the default name to name my character. (In the case of Pokemon, I use the version name.)
If there is no default names, I use my name.
I'm not very creative at making names...

(tries to post)
What the heck? I tried posting this, but it said to wait 90 seconds...
I haven't posted in months! :mad:

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
When I was younger, I used my own name.
Now, I always use Link's name, it makes all the monologues in the game sound better. I don't want Ganondorf using my name when he threatens me, it would sound weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom