• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use The Wii Shop Channel?

Do You Use The Wii Shop Channel?

• Yes, I use it all of the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not very often.

• No, but I really want to.

• No, and I don't plan to.

• My Wii is not connected to the internet.

• What the heck is a Wii?

• Total voters
F

fiona123

I have heard of that shop,my friend introduce to me ,I will go there and have a look

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I use it all the time. I've ended up treating my Wii as a virtual arcade machine, downloading titles I've missed and also titles that I own on older consoles that I no longer have hooked up to the TV due to spacial or technical limitations. I think it's a great system, one that I hope never goes away from Nintendo systems. When in-console Nintendo harddrives become massive and the systems are more capable, I'd love to see further generations of titles available.

As a child, I played tonnes of games, but only had the cash for a limited few. It was usually the rule that if a friend owned a game, then I shouldn't buy it as borrowing cartridges was a common event in the school yard. The only games that I had that overlapped other people I knew were the Mario series. So, while I played through other titles to their fullest, I missed out on owning some like the Super Star Wars series, the recently VC added Indiana Jones SNES title, and -- *gasp!* A Link To The Past. I now have my library updated to include all these great titles. It's wonderful nostalgia, through and through!

Recently, I've taken to downloading the free WiiWare demos. Great stuff, as I'm trying games I otherwise would have overlooked . They are great fun, but it does help me come to the decision that I either don't see myself buying that title, or to pick it up. One demo play got me to purchase a title I otherwise wouldn't have, so -- bonus!

Yeah, I use it all the time, and not just to re-play old games that I don't have the system for anymore. I use it mainly to discover those games and experience them for the first time. I have to give Super Metroid credit for being the one that hooked me on the Wii Shop and Virtual Console. I don't care for Wii Ware much, but Virtual Console gets plenty of love from me. After Super Metroid, I gave Kirby and Star Fox 64 a try. Kirby was excellent, and Star Fox, while not as good, proved to be worth the money. I've recently started getting into some ancient NES games I never played, like the original Final Fantasy and Metroid (even though I can't beat it...). I didn't have any Zelda games downloaded for the longest time, just because I own all of the console titles in one form or another, but I decided to get ALttP just because I was tired of playing it on a tiny GBA screen. Playing it on the big screen was pretty cool, and it too was worth the money. I just hope that DSi Shop can prove to be just as good. There are a lot of good old handheld titles that I'd love to play on a brightly lit screen.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Back when I first got my Wii I used it all the time as well. I purchased Ocarina of Time for the bazillionth time, but soon after I found the selection of games quite lacking. It's too bad how they only add about two or three titles a week. WiiWare is a nice concept, but suffers the same problem as Virtual Console does. I have to say that recent titles have been pretty nice though.

Yes I use the Wii's shopping Channel. I use it to download some of my favorite games.
Some of my games no longer save, or they erase themselves. So having the Wii Shop Channel is a nice way to replace them.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I use the Wii channel all the time, but mostly when I'm bored and have no game to play. The last game I remember buying from the Wii shop channel would be Super Smash Bros, originally for the N64. I use Virtual Console most of the time, because I just like the old games, I really have not that very good of an explanation of why I don't use the Wiiware games. One thing that I can also say about it is that I bought a lot more of stuff when I first got the Wii, like the other channels and such.

The Wii Shop channel also helped me get my lost ALttP game for the GBA back. It was even for a cheaper price, too. I think that it's awesome to be able to play old games that you love. ( I want to buy Tecmo Super Bowl now, because that game is made of win.)

Last edited:

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Nope. I really don't use it because I can't find Wii Points... =( But I do go there sometimes to view the games, and if I'm able to get my hands on some Wii Points (Possibly soon, actually) I'm gonna buy A Link to the Past and a few other games if I have enough.. :P

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I only use it, when I want to get something new on my Wii. It is rare that I use it though.

Steve

5/19/13
I don't use it very often anymore, usually only if a good N64 game comes out such as Majora's Mask. My most recent purchase was Super Smash Bros. though, which is a classic.

I only used it to get TLoZ and AoL, and to me, it's only good for NES games. You can get an NES cheap I'm sure, but why bother if it works 40% of the time? I suppose if you don't already have an SNES or an N64, then you'd get games for those too. And Sega of course. But I guess what I'm saying is, if you have all those consoles, and you want a new game for one and it's not NES, then go join eBay my friend.

Do I sound angry lol? :P

I only used it to get TLoZ and AoL, and to me, it's only good for NES games. You can get an NES cheap I'm sure, but why bother if it works 40% of the time? I suppose if you don't already have an SNES or an N64, then you'd get games for those too. And Sega of course. But I guess what I'm saying is, if you have all those consoles, and you want a new game for one and it's not NES, then go join eBay my friend.

Do I sound angry lol? :P
Yes, but why buy used when you can buy new?

Moving on topic, yes I do use the Wii Shop Channel. I got LoZ, AoL, OoT, and MM on my Wii. Not to mention Paper Mario, Kirby 64, Super Mario World, and Super Smash Bros. as well.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
THe Wii shop is soo overpriced when it comes down to how much Wii points are translated into actual currency. There really is no point. But im a person who has all the games already on older consoles so I'm pretty good with playing them on their respective consoles.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
No, I just buy the the cartridge because I still have all of the old nintendo systems. It is also more fun to have a cartidge.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Yes, Unfortunally. Especially the Virtual Console. That's because before I moved here I had a N64 and SNES and a half a year before we move my mom made me sell that broken SNES and trade that N64. :(

But whenever I get enough money or another job I'll make up for my old collection

I recently got MM10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom