• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use The Wii Shop Channel?

Do You Use The Wii Shop Channel?

• Yes, I use it all of the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not very often.

• No, but I really want to.

• No, and I don't plan to.

• My Wii is not connected to the internet.

• What the heck is a Wii?

• Total voters

Kazumi

chagy
It occured to me today when I was buying yet another SD card and a couple of Nintendo Points cards that not everybody uses the Wii Shop Channel, and gets to use the excellent Virtual Console and WiiWare service. So. What about you? Do you use it? And if so, how often? Are you out buying some Wii Points every other week like me, or maybe you just picked up Ocarina of Time or something, and that's it. Discuss here.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I do use it...it is just that the last time I used it to buy a game (not download a free channel or update something) was about a year ago to download Super Mario Bros, LoZ, Kirby's Adventure, and Ice Climber. I do, on the occasion, window shop; but right now, the Wii Ware doesn't interest me much at all. However, one thing I'd like to see is the implication of demos, like those shown in the Xbox Live Marketplace. If that is implicated, then I'll use the Wii Shop Channel to demo some games and see if they're worth the $10.

Plus, the only games I really buy are NES games (since I do have four of them). You'll never see me buy a N64 game on there. I already have a N64, and there's a thing called eBay that is quite handy. In addition, half of the Wii Ware games show how much the 3rd party dislikes Nintendo.

If I had it connected to the Internet, I would probably spend so much money on games, and channels. I dont have a WiFi connector, or anything that can connect to the Internet, so I cant. I guess its probably a good thing than.. :)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I definitely use the Wii Shop Channel, but not all the time. I might use it all the time if I could, but I honesty don't see how that's possible. I'm not interested in very many of the WiiWare games, but I've bought numerous Virtual Console games in the past. The problem is that they don't release all of the games they should. I'm still waiting for Super Smash Bros., StarFox, and EarthBound. I can play the latter two on an actual Super NES (I don't have StarFox yet, though), but I don't own a Nintendo 64, and I'm not sure I want to buy one for just one game (the fact that it's Smash Bros. might make a difference, but if it's going to be on VC, then I'll wait for it).

I was browsing the Wii Shop Channel earlier today because I felt like it (I don't do that very often), and noticed a few games. I'll probably (95%) get Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels eventually. Sin and Punishment looks interesting, but I'm in no kind of rush to check it out.

I don't really buy NES games for Virtual Console, since essentially every NES game I want has been ported to or remade on Game Boy Advance, and I personally prefer having portable versions of games.

I love the WSC. I don't use it very often though, because I'm broke due to my reluctance to do chores. Anyway, I think I like the WSC most for two reasons.

1) The Virtual Console offers to me the chance to play retro games that I didn't grow up with. Thanks to Cinemassacre and ScrewAttack.com, I know about the old games and thanks to the VC Service, I can play classics like Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Metroid, and Street Fighter II: Champion Edition. Only two problems: most of the Rare games aren't on it and Earthbound isn't on it.

2) The WiiWare offers the chance to newcoming video game companies to get a headstart. They pump out greatness. 2D Boy did awesome with World of Goo, and the job done on SBCG4AP was phenomenal. I heard the Oregon Trail is on WiiWare, but I can't seem to find it. Is it a lie? Anywho, Konami is performing epically with the rebirth series on WiiWare. (I can't put Gradius down)

Oh and before you make your first decision, don't buy an NES title on VC unless you are very skilled at video games and/or aren't frustrated easily. Believe me, Metroid, Kid Icarus, and Super C taught me not to choose a game just because of a recommendation.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I'm planning on downloading A Link to the Past, but otherwise I only download DLC for Guitar Hero

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Honestly I love the WSC however I don't use it all the time. Last time I downloaded something it was when Nintendo gave me a free NES game cuz I downloaded the Internet Channel onto my Wii before it became free. I tend to window shop from time to time to see if anything interests me and at the moment I'm debating Pokemon Rumble on WiiWare.

Honestly I love the WSC however I don't use it all the time. Last time I downloaded something it was when Nintendo gave me a free NES game cuz I downloaded the Internet Channel onto my Wii before it became free. I tend to window shop from time to time to see if anything interests me and at the moment I'm debating Pokemon Rumble on WiiWare.

I recommend trying the free demo first. They came out with it for the holidays and it's for a limited time only. Or wait, are you debating with friends about the game?

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Yes, quite a bit. I've downloaded quite a few games, and there's no apparent lack of older games I'd like to play/replay. Haven't seen too many Wiiware games I'd really entertain buying, but the VC is epic. Sega and SNES combined into one? It's like I've died and went to gaming heaven.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yeah i downloaded a few games but i don't use it that often.
But the whole idea of VC to play retro games is an awsome move that nintendo pulled of.
But i still want to see some other titles for the VC.

With future Wiiware releases, i' m waiting for 2 upcoming titles.
Excitebike world rally: gameplay is same as excitebike like on the NES but in 3D.
Castlevania Rebirth: A remaked version of Castlevania.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've used it a few times, but like many people have said, not very often. I think I have all the game currently on VC that I want, so until more come out that interest me, I probably wont' be getting any more.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I don't use the WSC very often. I downloaded 3 VC games (OoT, Alttp and Super mario 64) and I recently downloaded the demos for Nyx Quest and World of Goo. I still want to download mario kart 64 some day so that I can battle against my sister again, but I don't go to the gamestore very often to buy wii point cards.

Alas, my Wii isn't set up to connect to the internet at all. But yeah, I do really want to use the Shop Channel. I have a lot of interest in getting the old NES and SNES games, with the addition of some of those classic Sega games. But as for N64 and GC, I'll probably just continue to buy the games myself and actually play them on the console. :)

But I'm definitely interested in getting some of ye old NES classics, like the two first Zelda games, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, etc. SNES games I want include: Actraiser and Actraiser 2, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, plus a lot of other classic SNES platformers like Demon's Crest and Skyblazer... provided they're even available on VC. Not sure if they are. :(

To those of you who use the Virtual Console and WiiWare services, alot of popular games are released in several different regions. For example: Most of us want SSB64, correct? It is only available in the PAL region, so if you want it you'll have to change your Wii's country on the options. If I'm not mistaken, PAL doesn't have Altered Beast on Virtual Console Arcade yet. They will have to change their country setting to get Altered Beast. I just thought I'd throw that there so that people can have a better selection of games.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I use the Wii Shop Channel to get other channels and that is how I got Oot and Mm for the Wii, I personally like it, they come out with all this stuff all the time so you always have to look on there in your spare time (or so I do) to find out about the newest and hottest titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom