• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use the Shields?

Do you use shields?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Zarom

The King
I used the shield more in SS than any past Zelda games, I also liked the concept of the meter associated with it, the whole kinda added a new kind of challenge. The shield was very useful, especially against enemies with a weapon, and bosses like Ghirahim.

Last edited:
R

RedRupee123

I have always used sheilds all my Zelda life. In Twilight Princess, you could hold Z and block everything. In Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, you blocked light attacks. In Skyward Sword, you could use a sheild bash and deflect enemies' attacks (but has sheild durability). :) I feel good about myself when I use a sheild bash.

Pikacondon

Title.
I never really used the sheild at all, i think it was just the fact that it could brake, or take damage, and i have an ocd where everything has to be full, my quiver, my bomb bag, my seed satchel and even my sheild's meter thing. So when it is full, i like to keep it full.

I have that same thing-I always want everything full in all my zelda games, Full arrows, Full bombs, Full slingshot pellets, Full EVERYTHING. I technically never use my sheild,unless I had to deflect something, until I got the unbreakable Hylian sheild.:)

Pen

The game is on!
I stated in the first post of this thread that I never, ever use shields, that was true then. However, now I always carry one shield with me. I've come to realize how helpful the shields really are. Before I always dodged the attacks, and that worked just fine, although it didn't work all the time. Since I started using shields I've taken less damage and I've been enjoying the game even more than before (and I enjoyed it very much before). Oh, and the shield bash is really helpful in some cases.

I didn't ever use my shield. I bought a new one every time i could, but never used them. I didn't like the fact that they weren't durable and that you had to purchase multiple new ones. One thing i loved about the Zelda games was that the shield was given to you, and the only time you really got a new one, was when you got a light shield. I wish that they would have kept it like that in skyward sword, but not everything can be perfect. ^.^

M

Mathias

Loved em, all of them! Especially when in a heated brawl, block back flip, jump attack, spin, side slash. Love the combat in this game! What about those things that spit rocks at you? never cool getting smacked in the face when your looking the other way....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom