• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use the Shields?

Do you use shields?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
S

Soohable

Yes, I have been using it many times. It helps a lot to defeat appropriately those technoblins

F

Firelord25

No I lost it the first temple and haven't got another one since

I used the shield against Octoroks, and nothing else... ever. I'm not prone to shielding or blocking in any game, it is a sign of weakness.

I kept a shield for the entire game, but I didn't really use it except for octoroks, sentrobes, etc... Then I got the Hylian Shield. I completely overused it in the final two boss fights, using the shield more than my sword.

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
It depends which Zelda games you are talking about. In the first three Zelda games, no doubt I used it all the time because it was always out and you didn't need to press a button to bring it out. In Link's Awakening, I used it until I got an item to replace it with, then I never used it unless I had to. In OoT, MM, and TWW I sometimes used it when I remembered to take it out, but for the most part I just side jumped to avoid attacks; in Wind Waker I also used the shield in the mini-game where I had to hit Oshus(?) 300 times. In Four Swords, it depended whether I had it or not. In The Minish Cap, I don't even remember if there was a shield. In Twilight Princess, I used all the time because it comes out when you Z-target. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks is the same case as the first three Zelda games. In Skyward Sword, I used the shield a lot, because the easiest way to kill most enemies is to shield bash them, so I always had my shield in my adventure pouch.

Zelda_1224

Hyrule Knight
I only used them because of those wierd bush things in the faron wood, but then used the divine shiel because it looked pretty cool, but lookes lame when fully upgraded.I also use the hyrule shield so link looks normal

I used the shield a lot more against enemies in this game than I have in the other Zelda games I've played. I even used it a lot in the final boss. Usually I only use it against dorky scrubs or to block projectiles.

The durability really made me cautious about using them, i always upgraded right away and had one equipped but most the time it just sat there... wasn't until near the end of the game did i realize shield bashing doesn't lower durability lol. Next run through ill be using it all the time.

Iv'e used the shield but only when I got my goddesses shield and didn't really bother to get the Hylian shield yet. The main time i used the shield was when i was fighting Demise and Moldarach although I thought the concept was really interesting

I always have a shield equipped, and I use it as much as in other zelda, that means not too much, but I think they made them much better, the shield bash works better this time, I like how you should watch how you use them or they will broke, etc.
I am playing through hero mode, once I finish it I will make sure to have the 10 shields in my collection.
In other zeldas I also used them not too much, just with occasional octorok, and talking about octoroks, I just noticed my performance is "sightly strong" because I like to play baseball/rock with them, I mean using my sword to repel their attack

P.S. Fear my shield zombie bokoblin!

Zukoia

DestiaDestroyerOfBokoblin
I always used my shield (learned using at the the 1st deku baba's in the game) afterwards no monster pwns me with my shield on (except horde battle on HM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom