• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use the Shields?

Do you use shields?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
N

Nattack110

I always use the shields in Skyward Sword unless of course I'm fighting a Bokoblin or a Deku Baba... But it really depends on what shield I'm using in which area... Like if I forget to bring either my Goddess Shield or Braced Shield with me to the Lanayru region... Then I won't use a shield at all.

Y

yoman3000

I always use the sheild because if you block an enemys attack with it it can unveal a weak piont.

N

Newton

I NEVER used the shields, until I found out that if you pull it out right when you strike, it takes no damage. Then I used it all the time, especially on those dang electric enemies...:dry:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I use shields moderately throughout the game. I find they're incredibly useful for shield bashing but not as useful for regular blocking mainly because of the shield durability meter. Ironically, I actually prefer using a shield offensively rather than defensively, because I'm scared of my shield breaking, especially in the earlier parts of the game. For defense, I prefer dodging over using the shield most of the time.

I used a shield but never needed to like upgrade it or anything! I just used the basic iron shield! I did get the hylian shield but only because it looks awesome! :D

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Now that I think about it, I only use the shield to defeat the Octorocks in Faron Woods. Although I haven't completed the game yet so there might be some enemies that shield will be helpful against. I don't think it's the fact that shields can break that's turning me away from using them but because the way you use it isn't as practical as pressing R in Ocarina of Time so I tend to back flip out of the way to avoid attacks.

I use the shields very often. It's safer to hold up a shield while going into battle. Although, I don't even think about it when going up against an extremely easy enemy.

i knda agree because i dont like how the shields can break and everything unlike other zelda games which makes it more annoying, but at the same time, if you use the special sort of technique they show in the skyward sword walkthrough, then it really doesnt matter too much

S

Stephie-chan

I used the iron shield a lot mainly just for extra protection and how it looks cool just to have a shield on your back. It kinda completes him but I ditched all the shield when i got the hylian shield then i just used that shield like crazy since I did not have to worry about it breaking.

Hardly ever used shields, only for Deku Scrubs. Now I keep the Hylian Shield equipped, because it looks awesome. :mastersword:

The first time through I was extremely hesitant because of the durability thing, but once I got the sacred shield I was much less hesitant. It wasn't until my 3rd playthrough that I finally figured out how to use it effectively, now I can avoid tons of unnecessary damage in hero mode, and with proper shield usage I can rip through almost any enemy (except that bloody horde battle, I have yet to beat the lightning round because of this one battle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom