• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use the Shields?

Do you use shields?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Pen

The game is on!
Well, basically as the title says.

As for me, I've always been using the shields a lot throughout the previous Zelda games, they've been a grand help for me at many occasions in the series. However, in Skyward Sword I never even carry a shield with me in my adventure pouch. I'm not entirely sure why I'm not using a shield, but it might be because of the durability. So I haven't been using shields at all so far in Skyward Sword, and I've soon beaten the game twice.

Anyway, that's just me. What about you? :?

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
The shield if used properly was the best item to have! I always had it with me and upgraded it every moment I could. If you use the shield bash correctly you can stun annoying enemy's for a long time. Let's take the electric sword guys. I HATED them. Just when I was about to hit them in the right place they move their arm! So I would just wait for them to attack and when they were slashing I bashed my shield and they were stunned. Then all I had to do was hit him and finish him with and ending blow. Also how could you stay alive in the Ghiram battle. Sure I know it is possible to run away when he us doing his spin attack but it's still hard to do. With the shield it was easy. In Skyward Sword overall I found it more important to use the shield than games like Twilight Princess when the shield was completely useless.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't use the shield because I have no need for it. Playing shieldless is really fun, and I like how we can go shieldless on the snap of a button in SS!

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I only used them when I remembered to equip them :$ Tbh, I didnt really see a huge need for it. If anything , I used to get the shields just for the look.

D

DragonPainter

I didnt really use a shield at all until I figured out how to use it properly against Ghirahim...it got a lot easier after that.

There were rare occasions when I used shields in SS; one of such cases was against the Beamos of the Lanayru Mining Facility and another instance in the battle with the Lord Ghirahim - against the "dart ring barrage thingy" he uses. Other times that I used a shield were accidental, as my nunchuk attachment is a bit wonky.

The shield if used properly was the best item to have! I always had it with me and upgraded it every moment I could. If you use the shield bash correctly you can stun annoying enemy's for a long time. Let's take the electric sword guys. I HATED them. Just when I was about to hit them in the right place they move their arm! So I would just wait for them to attack and when they were slashing I bashed my shield and they were stunned. Then all I had to do was hit him and finish him with and ending blow. Also how could you stay alive in the Ghiram battle. Sure I know it is possible to run away when he us doing his spin attack but it's still hard to do. With the shield it was easy. In Skyward Sword overall I found it more important to use the shield than games like Twilight Princess when the shield was completely useless.

I completely agree with this statement but it is these reasons why I thought the shield was unbalanced. I did use it though I always use my shield in every Zelda game. I like to go on the defensive the first time around and my offensive the next.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I use a shield when necessary. If I'm low on health and can't afford to take a hit, I keep the shield up. Other than that, I only use it if I have to react quickly to an attack so I can parry it or if the enemy just won't let me land a hit (I wait for the enemy to attack and parry). I don't overuse it, but I don't underuse it, either, I guess.

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
It depends on the situation. for the most part I'd hit enemies before they have time to raise their defense. when fighting keese you can shield bash them so you can perform an ending blow on them.

I only use my shield when I need it to deflect something. I do a lot of acrobatics to avoid getting hit by enemies instead. :)

TNinja

Of the Gorons
I never really used the sheild at all, i think it was just the fact that it could brake, or take damage, and i have an ocd where everything has to be full, my quiver, my bomb bag, my seed satchel and even my sheild's meter thing. So when it is full, i like to keep it full.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
Absolutely. In Skyward Sword, shields are my best friends. I always made sure I had a shield equipped. Especially in hero mode. You'd be surprised how much a shield bash can do for you. My absolute favorite shield was the Hylian Shield, and the next best thing is the Goddess Shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom