• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Do you use the 3D slider?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The Nintendo 3DS was designed to incorporate the optional use of sterescopic 3D effects to enhance the playing experience. But I have wondered to myself how much does it actually enhance the experience? Some games, such as Pokémon, are only partially compatible with the 3D effects while others, such as Ocarina of Time 3D, use it to its full glory. The 2DS of course, designed to be a cheaper alternative to the 3DS, isn't compatible with 3D effects at all.

My question is, do you find yourself playing games with the 3D effect turned on, or do you usually leave it off? Does it depend on the game? Are you like me and simply forget that it exists? Discuss!

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I leave it off. Unfortunately, thanks to how my eyesight works, I can't see the 3D properly; it actually comes across as this weird, vaguely-disturbing sense of offset wrongness. I also haven't watched the Hobbit movies completely through because I can't see the 3D in those accurately either.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Nope never except to show it off to people that have never seen a 3DS in action before. 3D gives me a headache as I discovered when I was 10 when I saw Spy Kids 3D Game Over.

I've always liked 3D in animated films. It enhances the immersion of movies. It feels like I'm in the movie and when surround sound is added, it improves the effect of 3D even more.

For live action movies, 3D doesn't fit so well. The Hobbit is an exception. That movie really took all the potential of 3D and used it well. Perhaps the reason was 60 frame rate why I enjoyed it. Some say the Hobbit suffered from soap opera effect due to 60 fps but I found it fitted very well as the movie's genre is fantasy and the world fictional.

That being said I assumed that OoT3D would have been fantastic experience to me but unfortunately it wasn't. I was disappointed. If 3D is on, all the details of graphics are inccurate. For example, Link's face is almost not recognisable when 3D is on. 3D per se looks fine and magnificent but due to poor details of graphics, it's non useable. I'm not sure is it due to low resolution of the display or what but I was a bit disappointed that 3D of OoT can't be used. The game itself is golden. I like what they did with the graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom