• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Legendary Pokemon?

Do you use the legendary Pokemon? I used use nothing but legendaries in Pokemon games, but then I started to think that the game was too easy to do anything if you used legendaries.

What do you guys think?

I always used to catch 5 Pokemon and save the final slot for the main Legendary Pokemon of the game. Although, I've had a change of heart the past few years, I now just use 6 normal Pokemon and simply collect Legendaries for fun.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
For me, it's not a matter of whether or not the Pokemon is strong. For my team, I consider two things:

1.) If I like the Pokemon
2.) If it has a good learnset

It's not competitive battling, so I'm not worried. ;D So I'd use Legendaries if I like that specific one.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
No, I haven't used my legendary pokemon yet, only used Suicune for a while but decided to keep that pokemon as collection. I've been tempted to train them, but no, I am training other pokemon atm and filling up my pokedex.

geek4887

The Unknown
Yup,they're mostly just for show, right?
Sometimes, they get a bit TOO strong for the game. Hit one elite 4 pokemon with roar of time, and they faint almost right away. So, as said above, they're just for collection, and nothing more (unless it's competitive, then of course, I'll use them).

Last edited:
B

Blaze Hero

Not all legendaries are overpowered, or even broken for standard. I have over 70 competitively trained Pokemon, and about 25 of them are legendaries, some for Uber play, some just because I wanted to train them.

I don't really use legendaries. Sure, I catch them, maybe even EV-train them if I feel like it, but usually I just leave them to a box and use normal Pokémons. I like normal ones more, they are more interesting (and sometimes look better) and there can be more variation to train them and build a team around them than in über tier. Über tier, where some of the legendaries belong to, tends to be bit repetive with teams, so you'll always have to have the "standard" Pokémons against other "standard" attacks/Pokémons.

Pen

The game is on!
I never ever use legendary Pokémon in my teams, it gets way too easy that way. Of course I always capture every legendary Pokémon in the game, but I never use them in battle.

One could say I collect legendary Pokémon, in every game I have a box in my PC where I have all legendaries of the game.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I'm one of those people who aren't super duper competitive with Pokémon and battles only for fun. I do use legendaries from time to time, but I don't use them to completely destroy people. When it comes to actual battles, however, I don't use them that often.

I usually don't even give them that powerful of moves that would be more fair for battle. Seriously though, the most powerful Pokémon I have a MewTwo with Ice Beam aside from my Typhlosion.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Apparently I am in the majority...I love my legendaries. Or rather, I really like the first couple generation ones, and the later ones are alright. I never battle in person, so the overpowering nature does not bother me :)

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
I use Legendaries. :3 Though, I only use a maximum of one or two on a team. My most prominent team features Mewtwo and Rayquaza.

It really depends on how the gameplay goes to determine if I will use one or not. I think the only time I never really used a Legendary Pokemon was while playing Ruby version. Groudon is great and all, but I usually had a team I would be majorly attached to by then that I often felt I didn't need to add the Legendary to my team. :/ Same goes with Latios. They end up becoming Pokedex filler in that game, really.

I've never seen a problem with using Legendaries either. They are in the game for the option to play with them in your party after all.

S

sf8

I only use them for the Elite 4 and Victory Road (and occasionally I'll keep one or two in my party if I like them a lot, like Suicune) but when battling against friends or whatever I think it's cheap. They're overpowered (for the most part) so when my friends and I battle it's only with non-legendaries. Winning with the pokemon i caught in wild feels more satisfying if I win, rather than using a legendary that required little to none training to become powerful

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I use legendarys a lot, but they don't make any difference, well not in any games past ruby/ sapphire or crystal , up untill then legendary pokémon had boosted stats, so did shiny pokémon, so if you were to get a shiny legend you would dominate in crystal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom