• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use Emoticons Much?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
your mom was a clockwork rodent
Now now, children, no need to express vain desires like getting back at each other. ;)

Anywho, I do use my emotions quite often. When someone tells me something that I do not wish to hear, I will respond angrily and with an irritated tone. If I receive some great news, I WILL be excited. If something sad happens, I may not tear up but I'll for sure feel
something on the inside.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
No I try to because I think it's considered a more girly thing to do but I never remember, I use the crying one sometimes, but not here. Other than that I don't use them enough.

Er... well, seeing as how I'm a human being (on Wednesdays ;J), yes. I mean, yeah, there have been many times on here where I've claimed to be an emotionless guy, but I was only speaking rhetorically. In actuality, my face may appear deadpan, blank, and emotionless all the time; however, I do get angry, sad, happy, and anxious like any other person. Whether I have a difficult time expressing myself or not, I am not a psychopath and therefore I do "use emotions."

Takes a hell of a lot to make me angry, though...

B

Brock

I use them really often. I use them when I'm talking to friends only. :)

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I'm often a rather solemn down-to-earth kind of guy who only ever expresses emotion when I consider it appropriate, so to answer your question, I certainly don't express emotion as much as a normal person. My mom once described the way I act as being half-dead actually, but whatever, I am who I am.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Nope, I use them once in awhile, but not very often overall really. I usually just stick with simple text based emotes instead, yep o,o

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I use them constantly. It's probably a bad thing, but I find it easier to be concise in what I am typing, and using emoticons to show the feelings. Tone is lost when it isn't spoken, so emoticons help me clarify what I am saying, a lot of the time.

I think that smilies are like exclamation points. Using one in the right place adds just the right touch of emotion, but spamming them actually conveys less meaning. :)

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No I try to because I think it's considered a more girly thing to do but I never remember, I use the crying one sometimes, but not here. Other than that I don't use them enough.

A large part of society seems to have a belief that expressing feelings is a "girly" thing to do, expressing emotions is not a girly thing to do, everybody should be able to communicate how they feel whether that be happy, sad, angry etc...
While this is not quite the same as expressing emotion in person, it's still the same basic principal.

I use them quite often, I find that it helps to somewhat add a level of tone to the text. I'm not always great at wording things so showing that emotion helps me convay how I'm feeling in an obvious way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom