• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use An E-reader?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I recently took my Kindle out of the drawer, charged it up, and wondered why I hadn't used it in so long. Since I bought it a few years ago I've gone through several phases of using it then not using it, etc. Now that my pile of physical books has been exhausted I'm going to be in another Kindle phase as I can get a ton of books for free (thanks, Project Gutenberg).

Do you use an e-reader? A Kindle, a Kobo, or anything else? Have you used an e-reader and decided they aren't for you? Or have you never touched one, preferring instead the rough, warm, musty feel of a physical tome?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Everyday. While the feel of a physical book is nice, nothing beats being able to carry hundreds of books in my pocket at once. It's one thing to bring a book with you somewhere, but it's another to decide you'd rather read something else and not be limited by the number of books you brought with you.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Yeah, I used to use an e-Reader.

1200px-Ereader.png

Oh, not that e-Reader. Well, I don't use one. I basically never read these days, so there's been no reason for me to get one. Even if I did read, I feel like I'd prefer having a physical book over a digital one.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Yeah, I used to use an e-Reader.

1200px-Ereader.png

Oh, not that e-Reader. Well, I don't use one. I basically never read these days, so there's been no reason for me to get one. Even if I did read, I feel like I'd prefer having a physical book over a digital one.
I was thinking the same thing lmao.

I don't have a particularly dedicated e reader, Kindle etc... But I do like reading a lot online. A physical book feels nice though and I almost prefer it.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I have a kindle, but I hardly use it. Mostly because I get my books from the library, and when I do buy a book, i usually buy it physically because I just like looking at my collection of books, all neatly arranged on my shelf. i know, i’m weird lol.

I read for at least an hour a day on my Kindle. I prefer dead trees, but my Kindle has a backlight and is much more portable. I don't care much about being able to hold hundreds of books because I only read one at a time, but its super convenient for my commute to/from work. I also pirate all of my books, which makes it the cheaper option. However, I do have hundreds of books as well, since I still buy a whole bunch.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
It's real books only for me. I've got a collection of Fantasy novels (I almost exclusively read fantasy) that I'm always expanding, and I want them to be in physical form so that I can see them in my bookshelf and also because the feeling of a real book is much better

Kirino

Tatakae
I read plenty of books online, but not usually through an e-reader. I typically just download PDFs, which are easy enough to find for most books if you know where to look. If I can't find a book that way, then I usually just order a physical copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom